Manulife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.9

Head of Asia Region Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was handled extremely unprofessionally by the CMO and others as they violated their own process by interviewing a candidate that was forbidden to be interviewer by their recruiter and did not tell their retained recruiter while the recruiter continued to tell me that I was the lead candidate. Honesty is always the best policy and there was no transparency in the process which resulted in months and months of wasted time. This process was unprofessional and unethical and therefore I would be very careful in considering any opportunities with Manulife but especially their Asia HK division.

Interview Questions

• In addition, there were illegal interview questions about Marital and Familial status asked on the interview. The process demonstrated that they clearly did not know how to hire their analytics executives. They applied a behavior interview process without asking any competency based questions. In addition for an international hire they did no in person interviewing making it impossible to gauge the culture in the market where I would be working. Overall I would say Stay away from Manulife!   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife in June 2015.

Interview

There were three behavioral type interviews spanned over six weeks with increasingly senior people. It started with the human resources lead followed by hiring manager followed by hiring manager peer. Overall quite positive experience with very easy discussions and very little technical questions. It was a pleasant process with very nice people.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there are competing priorities and a teammate is not pulling their weight   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

HR interviewed me through phone call. HR asked me to introduce the basic information of my resume and asked some behavioral questions. the questions were not difficult, it took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• why you think you fit this position and what is your strength. why you choose manulife.   Answer Question

Client Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

It was a one day interview in which I spoke with 3 people. The questions were typical for a client-facing role; working to understand my personality and how I would represent the company while speaking to clients. I've been in similar roles so I understood what they were trying to assess. I was able to give them what they wanted to hear.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Ontario, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

HR recruitment will send an email if you get picked for interview.
    1st interview will be with HR recruiter.
    2nd interview Hiring Managers
    Wait for a couple of days
    You get a call from HR Recruiter whether hiring managers would like to proceed or not.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job.
      What is difference of a functional and non functional requirements
      What is the difference of a BSA and a BA.
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was very brief. I sat down with 3 people over the course of one or two hours, each individually. The first couple of people I spoke with were prospective colleagues, and the last woman I spoke with was the would-be manager. Overall, it was a decent experience. All 3 interviewers were friendly, although I felt they didn't give me a chance to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of focus was given on the particular skill sets that were outlined in the job description.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was set up on the interview through a recruiting firm with an initial phone screen and in person interview. The interview was with a total of 8 people with any where from 1 to 3 people at a time. The interview discussion was mostly about my experiences and how I approach my work. I was also required to bring in a writing sample for review. The sample was part of a spec that I had written for another asset manager that was develped and successfully in production. The first set of interviewers were very impressed with the sample and the results.
    The second set of interviewers had a different agenda. The discussion was all about what the previous set of interviewers asked and discussed. I told them and showed the spec, they looked at the cover page and put it down. We then went through my resume. I was asked why I had jumped around so much? I responded that I was a consultant and that is the nature of consulting. You move around every 1-2 years, otherwise you are an employee. Then one of the interviewers mentioned that my resume was a perfectly tailored to the job and if i had made it up. Obviously, this second group was not on the same page with the first group and I suspect it was for self preservation. I also remembered what was mentioned in the first set of interviews. There a couple interviewers that said they were “stuck” on some projects because of lack of consensus. It all adds up.
    This company would do it self a favor to weed these people out. More specifically, the head of technology should get rid of these people. They not only wasted my time, but they are wasting their own time. I should have excused my self from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What formal training in business analysis and project management have you had?   1 Answer
    • Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?   3 Answers

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Received request for phone interview
    3. Phone interview
    4. Received request for in-person interview
    5. In-person interview

Everyone I interacted with was very pleasant, from the HR coordinators to the hiring manager. However, please be advised that the process is very slow.

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

May 16, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for posting a review on your interview experience. As we strive towards a great candidate experience for all, your feedback is just what we need to ensure this happens consistently.

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Solid Interview, with good questions asked and the interviewers were really nice. They gave a good description of what Manulife is really about and also made me excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing this review. We constantly strive for the best candidate experience, and we are happy to hear that’s what you received.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, directly to Manulife and received a phone interview within 4 days. After some basic behaviour questions, I moved onto the next round with a 1:1 with the Hiring Manager. Following that, I had a 1:1 with the Director of the team and that was one of the most difficult interview of my life.

In my opinion, be prepared for technical questions always, especially if your job description just mentions it.

Interview Questions

• - Describe Hypothesis Testing and how it could be applied to XYZ business process?
      - What is Binomial Theorem?
      - What does a T-Test do?
      - Programming questions (SQL, VBA etc)
      Answer Question