Manulife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was very brief. I sat down with 3 people over the course of one or two hours, each individually. The first couple of people I spoke with were prospective colleagues, and the last woman I spoke with was the would-be manager. Overall, it was a decent experience. All 3 interviewers were friendly, although I felt they didn't give me a chance to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of focus was given on the particular skill sets that were outlined in the job description.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was set up on the interview through a recruiting firm with an initial phone screen and in person interview. The interview was with a total of 8 people with any where from 1 to 3 people at a time. The interview discussion was mostly about my experiences and how I approach my work. I was also required to bring in a writing sample for review. The sample was part of a spec that I had written for another asset manager that was develped and successfully in production. The first set of interviewers were very impressed with the sample and the results.
    The second set of interviewers had a different agenda. The discussion was all about what the previous set of interviewers asked and discussed. I told them and showed the spec, they looked at the cover page and put it down. We then went through my resume. I was asked why I had jumped around so much? I responded that I was a consultant and that is the nature of consulting. You move around every 1-2 years, otherwise you are an employee. Then one of the interviewers mentioned that my resume was a perfectly tailored to the job and if i had made it up. Obviously, this second group was not on the same page with the first group and I suspect it was for self preservation. I also remembered what was mentioned in the first set of interviews. There a couple interviewers that said they were “stuck” on some projects because of lack of consensus. It all adds up.
    This company would do it self a favor to weed these people out. More specifically, the head of technology should get rid of these people. They not only wasted my time, but they are wasting their own time. I should have excused my self from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What formal training in business analysis and project management have you had?   1 Answer
    • Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?   3 Answers

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Nice Office. Used interview rooms on 4th floor. I was interviewed by 2 people who were managers and very friendly. Both were well-educated and professional. I was asked pretty standard questions that were probably pre-written and standard (required?). Answer as usual. Interview lasted 30 minutes and their expectations were reasonable to the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Director for Advanced Analytics Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

Met 3 S.Directors from the department at the same day. Need to use a annual leave.
    Takes long time to receive feedbacks. Kind of frustrating experience but all were kind

Interview Questions

• Can u quantify your skills, 1-5, on these technical programming languages?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Manulife (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. No tough questions, mainly to see if you are able to get through the initial tough periods that are expected in the beginning. They see if you are the type to put in hard work.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to persevere through the tough periods?   Answer Question

Sep 5, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing a review. Candidate experience is important to us, so we appreciate your valuable feedback.

Client Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews with the common interview questions and 1 testing and face-to-face interview. Everyone was very nice, welcoming, and friendly.

For the face-to-face: They brought in a group of applicants and we did writing, math, and literacy assessments. Fairly simple and straightforwards if you could pass a first year Math/English college course and if you have a good command of the English language. You had to draft short professional responses to hypothetical customer scenarios/complaints/issues.

After that, each of us met with two people from management level who interviewed us.

Interview Questions

• As this is a client-facing position, they asked if I had any experience in customer service and to go in-depth about my experiences.   Answer Question

Aug 16, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and insight into your interview, we appreciate it!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was nice and easy, I had prepared for technical questions that was not asked, and overall a comfortable experience. I talked to the interviewer casually and we just chatted about recent events.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I was interested in doing so they could put me in a division I would enjoy working in   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience on your interview! We're happy to hear that you had a great experience with us, and congratulations on your accepted offer.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

The recruiter had no idea which job to apply me for. Indirect, some times sarcastic and hard to deal with.

However, the hiring team were very open and genuine. One of the most pleasant interviews ever. From them, it reflected the culture of the company where people work in an open manner and are given opportunities to progress.

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

There were five interviewers which was quite intimidating at first. Interviewers were a young bunch so easy to get the conversation flowing. Depending on the team (valuation or pricing) you are joining, questions might differ. Employers are quite concerned whether hired employees are of a hardworking bunch.

Overall, it was not a hard interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty basic knowledge for an actuarial graduate (simple discounting methodologies, reserves and profit calculations).   Answer Question

Jul 5, 2017 – Campus and Sourcing Coordinator

We are excited to hear that you had a positive experience with us! Candidate experience is important to us, so thank you for this valuable feedback.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Manulife in July 2017.

Interview

I saw a post of their former intern in our facebook group then I send my resume to the email that their former intern gave me and immediately scheduled me for an interview and aptitude test.

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

Jul 26, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing a review of your interview. We are constantly striving to improve and optimize the candidate experience and feedback from candidates can only help us deliver on this commitment.