Manulife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was set up on the interview through a recruiting firm with an initial phone screen and in person interview. The interview was with a total of 8 people with any where from 1 to 3 people at a time. The interview discussion was mostly about my experiences and how I approach my work. I was also required to bring in a writing sample for review. The sample was part of a spec that I had written for another asset manager that was develped and successfully in production. The first set of interviewers were very impressed with the sample and the results.
    The second set of interviewers had a different agenda. The discussion was all about what the previous set of interviewers asked and discussed. I told them and showed the spec, they looked at the cover page and put it down. We then went through my resume. I was asked why I had jumped around so much? I responded that I was a consultant and that is the nature of consulting. You move around every 1-2 years, otherwise you are an employee. Then one of the interviewers mentioned that my resume was a perfectly tailored to the job and if i had made it up. Obviously, this second group was not on the same page with the first group and I suspect it was for self preservation. I also remembered what was mentioned in the first set of interviews. There a couple interviewers that said they were “stuck” on some projects because of lack of consensus. It all adds up.
    This company would do it self a favor to weed these people out. More specifically, the head of technology should get rid of these people. They not only wasted my time, but they are wasting their own time. I should have excused my self from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What formal training in business analysis and project management have you had?   1 Answer
    • Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?   3 Answers

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Nice Office. Used interview rooms on 4th floor. I was interviewed by 2 people who were managers and very friendly. Both were well-educated and professional. I was asked pretty standard questions that were probably pre-written and standard (required?). Answer as usual. Interview lasted 30 minutes and their expectations were reasonable to the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Disability Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

general review of previous employers and then sample case studies with written answers to be provided. usually 2 person panel. be prepared with examples of a good case resolution and a bad case situation. know that people can be at work with an illness ~ illness or heath concern does not suggest a complete disability from being at work.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of a file you managed that did not resolve as expected or any difficulty you may have had.   Answer Question

Finance & Accounting(Summer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was done in my school with one lady. It was very chill. I applied for the job in January and got an interview in February. Make sure you do a lot of research on the company and try to make a connection with the interviewer that was what helped me. I got a call for the job the day after my interview.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • why do you know about Manulife and why did you choose Manulife   Answer Question
    • if you could change anything in your school what would it be?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult team member and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • what is an opportunity and challenge that is affecting the business industry today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase I just got called and told that the job would be from May 1 - August 31 and the pay $20/hr

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, directly to Manulife and received a phone interview within 4 days. After some basic behaviour questions, I moved onto the next round with a 1:1 with the Hiring Manager. Following that, I had a 1:1 with the Director of the team and that was one of the most difficult interview of my life.

In my opinion, be prepared for technical questions always, especially if your job description just mentions it.

Interview Questions

• - Describe Hypothesis Testing and how it could be applied to XYZ business process?
      - What is Binomial Theorem?
      - What does a T-Test do?
      - Programming questions (SQL, VBA etc)
      Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2017.

Interview

One round of interview with 2 Actuarial Analysts (who are the Internship Program Committee). Half of the interview was informative and the second half was like a typical interview with some quantitative questions towards the end. Some expected question like about yourself

Innovation Program Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

I had an initial in person interview, which was followed by a phone conversation with the same people plus the person who was leaving the job I was applying for. From first interview to offer, the process took about four weeks. The HR representative that I was in touch with between and after interviews was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is something you did as part of a former job that you would not like to do again?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Technical -> Behavioral -> HR+Behavior
    Technical Round is Easy. Behavior Round can be little tricky. Basically they want people who can prove that they will stick to the company for years. So your answers should reflect that. You should align your answers with the requirement of the Role which is offered and with the companies growth.

Interview Questions

• About Previous Projects. Where do you see yourself after 5 years? Complete walk through the Resume and LinkedIn? What are the activities you do apart from work?   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Friendly conversation, one round interviewed with two actuary from different team (who are the Internship Program Committee) for about 30 mins, about 5 technical questions (from your past experience on your resume) and some typical behaviour questions like "whats your strength/weakness".

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

takes too long with bunch of tests that aren't related to work experience. HR are deceptive and will try to bond new staff with unworthy training they call "TDP", and their hiring standard are bad. often unqualified candidate will be hired because the interviewer which is the "Manager" think java n JavaScript are the same.