Manulife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview with two friendly senior actuaries.The interview lasted around 30 mins and it's not too hard. They asked behavioural questions, and questions about my SOA exams passed.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2016.

Interview

Do an assignment before interview, demo and explain your assignment, interviewer will ask about technology used in this assignment, introduce yourself,tell about what responsibility in you company, ask some technical question.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Screening Phone call + on site interview with the hiring manager. Very pleasant chat and not too technical. The focus was on machine learning + business related questions. Machine learning questions were not too technical and the business related questions were quite standard. I couldn't find anything on glassdoor about this role, but my background in business helped me there. So if you want to prepare for such a role, just review revenue/cost/profit model and some very basic machine learning questions.

Interview Questions

• A long yet very pleasant chat with the hiring manager. Nothing too technical comprising machine learning and some business related questions.   Answer Question

Retirement Income Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a very brief phone interview, very few questions were asked. I was provided more with additional information regarding the role than really asked about my qualifications. It was approximately 15 minutes in total. I was advised that I would receive an update on my application process and after a couple of follow-ups, received zero response, which I found to be highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall any questions other than why I thought I would be a good fit for the role.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Applied online and got an email about a week later. Initial HR screen on the phone. HR was actually late for the interview which wasted my time and had to move the interview to another time during the same day. Did not hear back from them for a few weeks and a followup finally pushed an online interview with the hiring manager (manager is in Boston while role is in Toronto).

Manager seemed disinterested during the whole interview (which made everything feel really awkward) and kind of turned me off for the role in general. Manager then says shes going on a month-long vacation and I won't hear back until then.

Overall the whole process felt dragged on as I had to take the initiative to push the interviews and had to wait for weeks for any kind of response.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest SQL statement you've ever written/ dealt with?   1 Answer

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Lengthy but great overall process. It started with a phone-screen from the HR rep. The first face-face interview was with the Hiring Manager. He asked tough questions on my resume regarding experience and related project work, goals, what I want to learn etc. Next was an interview with a Project Lead and Program Director on the team. Again, similar style of questions. The next stage was an interview with a VP and a consultant, one by one. They asked behavioral questions to assess culture fit, attitude and personality. After that, another interview with a VP followed. This one was not as detailed. The final interview was with the SVP, it was short and sweet to assess culture fit, attitude and overall personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflict between two people who are both correct, but only one way is to be adopted?
      Give an example of a situation where you had to influence a leader to buy into your idea? How did you do it and were you successful?
      What is your biggest weakness and how do you manage it?
      What is your biggest challenge when managing projects?
      Describe a situation that challenged your integrity and posed an ethical dilemma? How did you manage it?
      What do you look for in a leader?
      Answer Question

Pension Plan Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The overall interview was really good one, took around 50 mins. The manager was nice and asked several basic behavior questions based on my resume. Like tell me about your previous job, what kind of challenge do you meet, what did you do to improve your work, your career goals. Be confident and prepared for your interview.

ALM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was the worst interview ever. Avoid Manulife at all cost. They are a terrible employer. Interviewer were playing with her nails and not paying attention. Extremely rude and not respectable for my time and their time. Extremely unprofessional

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in May 2016.

Interview

It's either you walk-in or receive an invitation. (Walk-in in my case) then they'll have your name then you'll wait for long hours before you will be called. You will perform an exam, if you pass, they'll give you your interview schedule. If you pass the interview, they'll test your skills through a project sent via email, 5 business days to accomplish, if you pass, you'll gave your final interview and offer.

Interview Questions

• Common HR questions, describe yourself, strengths and weaknesses, skills and personality.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

2 rounds of interview one behavioural and the other technical, unfortunately HR is disorganized and generally has poor feedback and email protocal. As I have not received any rejection or followup to simple emails in several weeks.