Manulife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

Disability Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

general review of previous employers and then sample case studies with written answers to be provided. usually 2 person panel. be prepared with examples of a good case resolution and a bad case situation. know that people can be at work with an illness ~ illness or heath concern does not suggest a complete disability from being at work.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of a file you managed that did not resolve as expected or any difficulty you may have had.   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Solid Interview, with good questions asked and the interviewers were really nice. They gave a good description of what Manulife is really about and also made me excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing this review. We constantly strive for the best candidate experience, and we are happy to hear that’s what you received.

Finance & Accounting(Summer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was done in my school with one lady. It was very chill. I applied for the job in January and got an interview in February. Make sure you do a lot of research on the company and try to make a connection with the interviewer that was what helped me. I got a call for the job the day after my interview.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • why do you know about Manulife and why did you choose Manulife   Answer Question
    • if you could change anything in your school what would it be?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult team member and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • what is an opportunity and challenge that is affecting the business industry today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase I just got called and told that the job would be from May 1 - August 31 and the pay $20/hr

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Choice of either a phone interview or to go to their office in downtown Toronto. Chose to go down to their office just to find out that it was still a phone interview. That being said, the interview consisted of being told a lot of info about the company and the position rather than being asked a lot of questions. Although it was a little confusing it went well.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and postion?   1 Answer
    • What Experiences do you have that make you good for the job?   Answer Question

Mar 17, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing a review of your interview. We are constantly striving to improve and optimize the candidate experience and feedback from candidates can only help us deliver on this commitment... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, directly to Manulife and received a phone interview within 4 days. After some basic behaviour questions, I moved onto the next round with a 1:1 with the Hiring Manager. Following that, I had a 1:1 with the Director of the team and that was one of the most difficult interview of my life.

In my opinion, be prepared for technical questions always, especially if your job description just mentions it.

Interview Questions

• - Describe Hypothesis Testing and how it could be applied to XYZ business process?
      - What is Binomial Theorem?
      - What does a T-Test do?
      - Programming questions (SQL, VBA etc)   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2017.

Interview

One round of interview with 2 Actuarial Analysts (who are the Internship Program Committee). Half of the interview was informative and the second half was like a typical interview with some quantitative questions towards the end. Some expected question like about yourself

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2017.

Interview

II was interviewed with director and manager together, and seen they both are friendly. They just questioned my skills and relevant working requirement and some simple questions. I did very well and smooth during the whole process

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

Jul 7, 2017 – Campus and Sourcing Coordinator

Innovation Program Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

I had an initial in person interview, which was followed by a phone conversation with the same people plus the person who was leaving the job I was applying for. From first interview to offer, the process took about four weeks. The HR representative that I was in touch with between and after interviews was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is something you did as part of a former job that you would not like to do again?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Technical -> Behavioral -> HR+Behavior
    Technical Round is Easy. Behavior Round can be little tricky. Basically they want people who can prove that they will stick to the company for years. So your answers should reflect that. You should align your answers with the requirement of the Role which is offered and with the companies growth.

Interview Questions

• About Previous Projects. Where do you see yourself after 5 years? Complete walk through the Resume and LinkedIn? What are the activities you do apart from work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Friendly conversation, one round interviewed with two actuary from different team (who are the Internship Program Committee) for about 30 mins, about 5 technical questions (from your past experience on your resume) and some typical behaviour questions like "whats your strength/weakness".