Mapco Express Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mapco Express Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Mapco Express

1.8

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mapco Express.

Interview

It was a pretty regular interview. I met my interviewer we talked about me and the reason I wanted to work for Mapco. I simply answered all questions truthfully and accurately.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Mapco? How would you handle a customers issue about gas prices and etc? Are you a team player and what does it take to be one?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mapco Express

Anonymous Employee in Owens Cross Roads, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Owens Cross Roads, AL) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call a few days later, and the manager left me a message, asking if I was still interested in the job. We played phone tag for a few days, but I finally got called in for an interview. I arrived early, and the manage parked me in a chair at the Quizno's area and told me to wait. I waited about ten minutes while she appeared to be chatting with a vendor, and then she came back with a clipboard that had a chart on it , describing a few of my cleaning duties, and explained how the chart worked. She asked if I thought I would be comfortable with completing these tasks, and I said yes. Then she asked me if I was still interested in the job. I said yes. She said she would send in my background check, and send me for a drug screening, and that was it. There were no real questions. I went for the drug screening and then she hired me.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions. That was the most unexpected part. This was the simplest and least thorough interview I have ever been to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. She didn't give me any details at all, but I was so desperate that I took the job anyway. I should have known better.

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Chatsworth, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

I walked into a job fair being held at a Mapco express in Chatsworth, Ga and was interviewed by the store manager, after the interview she instructed me to fill out an online application which I went home and filled out and returned to the store, upon returning to the store I was then asked a few questions from the district manager, and we shook hands and I ended with "im looking forward to hearing from you" and then a month later I got a call from a manager at a different store stating that I was being hired and to come in and fill out some papers for a drug test and background check. and I started working about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to be in life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotian at all, it also appeared I wouldn't get hired if I asked for anything more

Anonymous Employee in Hampton Cove, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Hampton Cove, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

Simple and several pointless questions. It was a basis questionare they ask in a low income job. The interview last about 20 mins. I waited longer for the interview to start.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Very easy, with such a high turn over rate. Walked in and basically was hired. Place was filthy, and the worker that was working looked just as miserable as the place. Needed money so I suffered through it. Roaches and rats were in the one on Jackson in Memphis. Word to management, when you notice that you should immediately shut down the store and fumigate some things. Broke so many health codes, beware if this is the location you are called in for. And management is shady, so just a heads up.