Maple Leaf Foods Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.7

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I had an in person interview. All questions are standard and the interviewer was nice. The interview was more like a casual conversation. Questions are mostly behavioural questions, and resume related. The interviewer discussed about the pay in the end and the overall experience was great.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Brandon, MB (Canada)).

Interview

well they take you in to the office and ask you questions and then make you do a health test make sure your u to doing a job like theirs

Interview Questions

• just the normal ones where you see your self in 5 years and why you want to work here   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods.

Interview

Applied online. Telephonic interview first, after that a follow up email with some questions and then interview with Manager and the person who is leaving. It was not in that much detail but one of the person was not interested at all in taking the interview. The first turn off for them was that I am a new immigrant with no experience in Canada.

Food Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Guelph, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Good mix of behavioural, situational, and weird/fun/insightful questions. Two product development specialists asking me. Both were very encouraging and engaged as opposed to detached, but this likely depends on specific interviewers and less so on company wide hiring SOPs

Interview Questions

• What colour is your brain? (no further clarification of meaning)   1 Answer

Floor Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Short over the phone interview, easy and relevant questions. They were very paintent and wanted to explain things well. They defined difficult words and were sure I understood everything. The person at the other end was pleasant and in a good mood. Overall, the experience of being interviewed by them was positive and non-confrontational compared to other interviews I have been on.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with standing for long periods of time?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Numerical test where asked about simple matematical skills and interview related to the job position requirements.The hiring associate was very helpful and professional and the interview didn´t last too much.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

2 meetings. One with HR and current department head, and the second with the One Up. The atmosphere was informal. When it came time to negotiate salary the HR person called to give my salary, which I thought odd. I negotiated a slightly higher salary in the end with the 1 up.

Leadership Track Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Only be able to get interview at first stage - website interview. Questions appeared at website and give 30 seconds to think about it and then have 2 minutes to answer. They also recorded the video, thus camera and mic quality is important.

Interview Questions

• weakness; situational questions; and other normal interview   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had one face-to-face interview. Worst interview of my life. The manager was rude, condescending and was answering texts and emails during the interview. He swore in reference to other people (not at me) and trash talked the previous candidates he had been interviewing. I know this is not and should not be a reflection of Maple Leaf as a company but perhaps they need to look into doing better training when managers outside of HR and recruiting are hosting interviews.

Safety and Health Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring process requires 3 stages - 1st stage is via phone call usually conducted by HR, 2nd stage (accdg to HR) is a personal interview with the site manager, and lastly, the 3rd stage is also a personal interview with upper management

Interview Questions

• Phone call Interview was very straight forward. The HR was very nice to talk to, you don't feel nervous around him.. Questions were mainly on the job description as to how you can fulfil that list in your capacity.   1 Answer