Maple Leaf Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maple Leaf Foods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.7

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Numerical test where asked about simple matematical skills and interview related to the job position requirements.The hiring associate was very helpful and professional and the interview didn´t last too much.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

2 meetings. One with HR and current department head, and the second with the One Up. The atmosphere was informal. When it came time to negotiate salary the HR person called to give my salary, which I thought odd. I negotiated a slightly higher salary in the end with the 1 up.

Leadership Track Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Only be able to get interview at first stage - website interview. Questions appeared at website and give 30 seconds to think about it and then have 2 minutes to answer. They also recorded the video, thus camera and mic quality is important.

Interview Questions

• weakness; situational questions; and other normal interview   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had one face-to-face interview. Worst interview of my life. The manager was rude, condescending and was answering texts and emails during the interview. He swore in reference to other people (not at me) and trash talked the previous candidates he had been interviewing. I know this is not and should not be a reflection of Maple Leaf as a company but perhaps they need to look into doing better training when managers outside of HR and recruiting are hosting interviews.

Safety and Health Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring process requires 3 stages - 1st stage is via phone call usually conducted by HR, 2nd stage (accdg to HR) is a personal interview with the site manager, and lastly, the 3rd stage is also a personal interview with upper management

Interview Questions

• Phone call Interview was very straight forward. The HR was very nice to talk to, you don't feel nervous around him.. Questions were mainly on the job description as to how you can fulfil that list in your capacity.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods.

Interview

Through university job board postings. Was scheduled for a time through the university program as well. Interviewed with direct manager who went over the role and expectations. Nothing technical during the interview, was more like a casual conversation for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Casual chat, asked for previous experience, nothing technical   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods.

Interview

hr will phone then personal in terview, then the director, then they will say they have other candidates, blah blah blah, then they never call you back to let you know position has been filled. you never know if they are still hiring or not.

General Labour Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Brandon, MB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

First thing at all you have to pass health test ,blood preasure ,some simply question about your health ,past operations etc then there is lifting technique ,everything to check your ability to work in production floor enviroment ,nothing to be afraid of

Interview Questions

• the hardest question was what your weakness .. it's hard to say it on the spot..   Answer Question

QA Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Perfect! Being interviewed by two top managers. I was neevous at first but as the process goes on, i felt more at ease. Maybe i felt that their wuestios is related to the work i was doing

Food Sasfety and Quality Assurense Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maple Leaf Foods (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Telephonic interview within 2 weeks of job application. Very easy interview. Basic questions..
     I got telephonic interview. There were basic questions in interview. HR person is very charming.