Maplin Electronics Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Maplin Electronics Interview Questions in London, UK

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maplin Electronics

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marble Arch, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Marble Arch, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Stated my background and knowledge of electronics, began training. The interview was very simple and basic, I felt that management was so desperate, they would have hired anyone for the Christmas period. As stated by my former manager "I can hire any average Joe to do the same job you do"!

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then was invited in for a one to one interview which wasn't easy nor hard as the questions were the typical ones such as Why Maplin. Process was really quick.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

very brief, wasn't asked many technical questions but still was decent for entry level job. I was called to come in three days after applying and we discussed the business, why I wanted to work there, and a time when I felt like I was very successful, all the basic questions. The interviewer was the manager and liked me straight away so didn't ask a lot more than those things.

Interview Questions

• what would you do when there are no customers?   1 Answer

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England (UK)).

Interview

As long as you show you know something about the company and about something in which they sale you should get the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing shocking. What do you know about the company and why do you want this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no choice of an offer, lots more donkeys to hire.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orpington, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Orpington, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

Quite informal, one to one interviews in a conversational manor. Lasted about and hour long where I sat in an office with the store manager. I still went wearing a smart outfit, I think I was wearing a black suit and tie.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you helped an angry customer, where you received no award.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

I had the interview with the then store manager who left not long after. He was pretty nice. I generally got the impression, however, that he didn't really care about the interview. He was just looking for someone to fill a slot that he needed filled pronto and since I knew two product ranges the stop sold, I was pretty much handed the job by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know much about technology?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. I no longer had to work for Tescos doing menial labour and thought this would be a good step up to a carrier. How wrong I was. If I'd stayed with Tescos, I'd be earning about twice as much as I am here.