Maplin Electronics Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maplin Electronics

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Arrived at the store and was asked to look around for ten minutes before being invited into a small back room. Asked several standard interview questions lasting approximately twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• If somebody was struggling to understand a product, how would you help them to understand it?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

Asked me to look around the store, then collected me for my interview asking me standard questions (teamwork, customer service​ etc). Then asked what product caught my eye and how I'd sell it - remember products in their store!

Interview Questions

• Q: when did you deliver excellent customer service and how would you describe excellent customer service?
      Q: what product caught your eye in our store, and how would you sell it?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, I was surprised after reading the reviews on here. I was given a very in-depth look into the role I was applying for. I was interviewed by the assistant manager, we joked about a bit and it was a very relaxed environment.

Was asked basic questions, why maplin, what I could bring to the team, what experiences have I had in a customer service environment. Was also asked to name as many things as I could in the store and to pick one and try to sell it. (Little tip: there bored of people picking a mouse to try to sell).

Overall it was a great interview and a nice experience.

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Durham, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Turned up 5 mins early but was then told to wait in the Store for 10-15mins. If i can be bothered to turn up on time then they should be bothered to receive me. Manager said he would contact me within a fortnight to let me know, but never did. Found the experience rude and unprofessional. When your unemployed and with limited funds and taking the time and effort to get to an interview its very rude not to get back to someone.

Interview Questions

• What department would i be comfortable working in.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Leicester, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied via website and they got back to me within a week. I arrived in a smart causal attire and the manager met me within 10mins of arrival. The interview was casual with the questions being the usual ones (past roles, what is customer service etc). I think a key factor was showing confidence. While it seemed relaxed, the manager seemed to be very observant. Of attire, body language, my answers etc. The interview lasted around 20-25mins. And they got back to me within two weeks informing me that I received the job. I'm starting next week!

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Bolton, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Went to the interview 5 minutes early, was asked to look around the store for 10 minutes on my own, then I was invited to the interview room where I was asked various questions about leaving school and what I was going to do in the future.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huddersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Huddersfield, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online via their website. I was then emailed with an invitation to a competency based interview (Huddersfield store). I was given a variety of questions, I was asked about my knowledge of the company and how much I knew about the products, I was also asked what my favorite product is.
    The manager also asked me about previous experiences with customers and working within a team. The interview process took around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in wanting a printer, what questions do you ask to specify what sort of printer they want?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marble Arch, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Marble Arch, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Stated my background and knowledge of electronics, began training. The interview was very simple and basic, I felt that management was so desperate, they would have hired anyone for the Christmas period. As stated by my former manager "I can hire any average Joe to do the same job you do"!

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. Was told that my English is good and that you had a good High Street retail work experience and you'll be mainly shoved at the till.

He was just happy to see I had a lot of High Street retail work experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you mainly do at your other retail work experience?

Questions to get to know your personal circumstances.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then was invited in for a one to one interview which wasn't easy nor hard as the questions were the typical ones such as Why Maplin. Process was really quick.