Marathon Health Clinician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marathon Health

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Health.

Interview

Initially I conversed with one HR person. I then had a phone interview with a different HR person. A few days later I talked with a clinical person who seems to travel around to new sites, and interviews candidates from a clinical perspective. All was going well, and I was invited to an interview in person.
I found it odd that the interview was to be held in the hotel lobby where the interviewers were staying. It was loud, with other hotel guests all around, and we were seated at one of the high tables which I can't stand. It was a distracting interview, and I wish it went a little better. Nevertheless, I felt that although I didn't have the experience they stated they were looking for in the ad, if I got to the 3rd interview they must like me well enough. I was told they would set up the 4th interview time within the week. I went out of town, glued to my phone to check emails, because i was really excited about this position. No call or email ever came, and I was sad. I really felt like it would be a good company to work for, doing work I would be interested in doing. The next week, I contacted the main interviewer and left a message just to check on things, and instead HR called me back. I did not get the position. I humbly asked why- if there were any weak areas that they would prefer I work on for future positions. I was told that they were just flooded with an overwhelming response and were moving forward with a different candidate. That made sense- and so I asked about another position nearby, and she said that there was not as much of a response to that city's site. I asked to have my application considered for that one. She called back a day later and said that they were already interviewing for that position and didn't want to add anyone else to the mix. Makes sense.

Here's what the rub is, though.

A day later, they cold-called a friend of mine- possibly using her as one of my references- to see if she would be interested in working for them in one of those positions. She was not, but mentioned I was- and they said they already talked to me.

I understand if I was not the right candidate for their position. I am actually very happy I didn't get it- because I don't want to work for a company that lies. Just shoot straight and be honest. If I didn't have enough experience, then say that- don't pull some weak lie that there has been an overwhelming response, when actually you are cold calling others who didn't even apply to your position.

Interview Questions

• The usual- how would you react in such and such situation. The last question asked was, What's your favorite movie?   Answer Question