Marathon Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marathon Oil Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

Met them at the university career fair where they directed everyone they spoke to to apply online. They then had an informal dinner the night before with the recruiters and a few recent graduates of the university whom they had hired. The interview the next day was very relaxed and conversational with only two or three behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the toughest assignment you've had while in school here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was straightforward and the interviewers were very professional and intelligent. Both of the interviewers had great depth in different engineering concepts and could relate many things to the oil and gas industry. Be prepared to speak on how perform technically as well as non-technical communication.

Geophysics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

Marathon recruited me at my university. Interview was pretty basic, covered my past research and did some behavioral questions. Honestly thought the interview went badly, but was given an offer the next day. This was just for an internship, so there was only the one interview. If going for full time, they proceed like most companies in this industry and fly you out for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received the offer the next day.

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

I only had one interview and I got cut after that so I don't know if there were multiple or not. The interview was over the phone and they put me on speaker phone with three employees who took turns asking me questions. The employees were a senior reservoir engineer, petrophysicist, and human relations. They didn't ask any behavioral questions. They asked about things I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you learned from your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Production Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

pannel interview, organized by hr, questions were not very diffucult and pleasant group of people who interviewd me, mostly talked about my previous experience with some of the tools they were using

Interview Questions

• previous experience in oil and gas production   1 Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil in May 2014.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. The process took about two weeks. The phone screen was highly technical. It was with the HR rep and the Tech manager that spoke in Engineer-ese the whole time. Not a great experience.

Based on location.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

the interviewers did not come with a list of questions. it was ad-hoc and live. two groups of 2 people/group was used. I stayed on their HR floor which is very nice but not what the rest of the building floors look like.

Drilling Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

The interview and hiring process were both very painless. Once the interview happened and the offer was accepted, it took about a week and a half to get everything sorted out with the background check and the drug testing. Definitely very happy to be working for the company and see myself working here for a long time.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Three group interviews conducted over a four hour period. Representatives from various departments participated. Each group came with prepared, canned questions. Time was allotted for a more conversational interaction. Each interviewer provided background on their respective departments. A decision on employment was communicated within a reasonable amount of time. Subsequent to offer, had to have a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

2 part interview, first with HR, and then with the respective department. Culture was very relaxed and both interviewers seemed to want to know your true interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the history of Marathon.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation.