Marathon Petroleum Interview Questions in Canton, OH | Glassdoor

Marathon Petroleum Interview Questions in Canton, OH

2.8

Adv Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Canton, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called by HR and went in to Canton, OH location about a week later. Interviewed with HR Coordinator and Supervisor in the Maintenance Department. Interview was about a half hour long. Informal and comfortable question and answer session. One week after the interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized?   2 Answers

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Canton, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the operator trainee position. There were 600+ applicants they pick 200 for a group assessment test. We all met in a large meeting hall. There was practice test that I attended a few days prior to the real assment test. As I walked in I noticed I had to be one of the youngest guys in the testing at 24yrs old. Most of the guys looked around 30-40. We took a scantron test with multiple sections of math, mechanical and situational questions. Fairly easy, I had passed the practice test with no issues. The testing took around 4 hours then they said they would contact us with a yay or nay the following week. I received a email saying i didn't pass the testing portion the following week. There was no way in hell I failed....and you have to wait a year to apply for the position again. I personally think my age and lack of collage degree played a role. I'm experience I have goin on 5 years of drilling rig experience and applied with a some reputable references of their current employees. Needless to say I will be reapplying until I get a position.

Interview Questions

• If a barrel of oil has weighs X amount and a tanker holds X number of barrels. What's the weight of the oil in the tanker.   1 Answer

Pipeline Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Canton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume after which I was offered a spot for the testing site. I was told the day of the test that I had passed and that the next day I was going to be interviewed. I showed up early and with proper attire and went through the interview in which there were 4 individuals and they were all part of the operations department. I felt that the interview went well, however a few weeks alter I received an email stating that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• One question they asked was what is one major safety incident that I have witnessed and how did I react in the workplace?   1 Answer

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Canton, OH).

Interview

Mostly was focused around "soft skill" questions rather than engineering - "how do you handle conflict?" etc. I think mostly they were trying to get a feel for how you approach issues in general. A chem engineering degree is needed for the position so they basically assume you know the technical aspects, or that they can train you on that.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time where you were able to get more done by working with a team."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - everything was set in stone