Marathon Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.7

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

Most of the questions that they asked were behavioral. They also asked questions about finance related activities that I have been a part of. Overall the interview was pretty average.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you overcame a challenge?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to complete a HireVue. The HireVue consisted of different behavior and situational questions. I was told I would hear back if I was selected to move onto the next round.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Toledo, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

There was 3 people for the first interview 1 in HR 1 who runs the finance interns and 1 who is established in the company they asked HR based questions and They asks questions specifically for the person

Interview Questions

• What was one way you went above and beyond the call of duty?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was a typical interview, asking about yourself, behavioral questions, name a situation recently where you put 100% into. it was about 30 minutes and it was from a career fair. I would recommend to talk really technical and as well people skills.

Interview Questions

• Name the hardest situation in the last year and how did you go about it?   1 Answer

Marine Deckhand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Ashland, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

had to interview with two different groups but did not get hired because of age had lot more experience than the ones that got hired sad that big companies get by with age discrimination but hard to prove.

Interview Questions

• has there ever been time safety policy made situation worse   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Toledo, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed for the information technology internship position. The recruiter was very nice and friendly. Beware, they don't hire international students and don't say it before they begin interviewing.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

I received the interview invitation after talking to a marketing director at my school's career fair. I interviewed with two women from HR (who were late to the interview). They were quite condescending with their questions regarding my experience and did not seem professional to me. The whole interview process gave me a bad taste about the entire company.

IT Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Athens, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

On campus interview - very basic. They came on campus to a career fair and I walked up and talked to them and they asked me for an interview after I was done talking to them. I had an interview the next day and am still waiting to hear back.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

They offered me an interview at our on campus career fair. They were very friendly! They ask both behavioral questions and a few technical questions. They ask about basic leadership positions and working in groups.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marathon?   1 Answer

Operations Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Findlay, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Process began by recording your video responses to a preliminary online interview. (Takes about 30 minutes.) Next stage was the 4-hour COBRA (console operator) simulation at Marathon. Final interview was with two separate teams of 3 interviewers each. Final interview was a little bit of a curveball, as it seemed several of the questions had little to do with the position. Also, interviewers didn't seem interested in finding out about candidate's knowledge of the company, industry, & position. Most questions were behavioral, so prepare well for any type of behavioral questions, regardless of whether you think they have anything to do with the position's responsibilities.