Marathon Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marathon Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.8

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

I received the interview invitation after talking to a marketing director at my school's career fair. I interviewed with two women from HR (who were late to the interview). They were quite condescending with their questions regarding my experience and did not seem professional to me. The whole interview process gave me a bad taste about the entire company.

IT Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Athens, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

On campus interview - very basic. They came on campus to a career fair and I walked up and talked to them and they asked me for an interview after I was done talking to them. I had an interview the next day and am still waiting to hear back.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

They offered me an interview at our on campus career fair. They were very friendly! They ask both behavioral questions and a few technical questions. They ask about basic leadership positions and working in groups.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marathon?   1 Answer

Operations Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Findlay, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Process began by recording your video responses to a preliminary online interview. (Takes about 30 minutes.) Next stage was the 4-hour COBRA (console operator) simulation at Marathon. Final interview was with two separate teams of 3 interviewers each. Final interview was a little bit of a curveball, as it seemed several of the questions had little to do with the position. Also, interviewers didn't seem interested in finding out about candidate's knowledge of the company, industry, & position. Most questions were behavioral, so prepare well for any type of behavioral questions, regardless of whether you think they have anything to do with the position's responsibilities.

HES Professional Interview

Interview

Everyone was professional and courteous. All questions I had regarding the position were answered throughout the interview. Conducted an initial phone interview followed with an in person interview two weeks later. The whole process took about three months.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavior based. Describe scenario when...How do you stay organized...Provide an example...   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Findlay, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Two person interview on college campus. Asked about grades, why I wanted to work for Marathon. Why I was a good fir for their company. My Experiences and resume. Asked if I'd be willing to relocate. Told me the recruiter who talked to me will be in touch and asked me to be in touch with them if I have a change in situation.

Interview Questions

• Looked at transcript and grades.
      Asked about a time working in groups.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and enjoyable. There was one HR worker and one chemical engineer to ask the project-related behavioral questions. They asked me basic stuff, nothing technical and it wasn't a difficult question at all. If you were going to apply, make sure you know your resume inside and out because they will question you on all the aspects of it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a project.   Answer Question

Payroll Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone Interview was about 30 minutes long. Included the HR rep and the Payroll Manager. Interview was based mostly on questions involving passed experiences. I was given a chance to ask questions about the position during the interview. It was formal and professional but not so much where it was uncomfortable.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

Had an on campus interview where they were recruiting. It was an hour and was a three on one interview. Pretty standard questions.
    Was invited for an onsite interview and scheduled it pretty quickly (within a week). Had onsite interview which involved 3 half hour one on one interviews. Thought it went really well, questions were very resume based and there was a lot of position overview.

That's where the pleasant experience stopped, they took MORE THAN SIX WEEKS TO REJECT ME with very little guidance during that time.

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met them at a Career fair hosted by the University of Houston. I spoke with an older woman who had been a part of the company for quite a few years. She was very sweet and expressive of how their company had been doing a large number of co-ops, and getting very successful results from them. I got a phone call after a few days and the interview was scheduled. It was a pretty standard interview with a lot of questions to go through and a lot of writing down. There was an HR and a chemical engineer who gave the interview. All the questions were asked by the engineer. It was like good cop bad cop. The HR was open and relatable and the engineer was straight forward and hard to read. The questions were all behavioral. It took about 4 months to get a followup email.