Marathon Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Findlay, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Two person interview on college campus. Asked about grades, why I wanted to work for Marathon. Why I was a good fir for their company. My Experiences and resume. Asked if I'd be willing to relocate. Told me the recruiter who talked to me will be in touch and asked me to be in touch with them if I have a change in situation.

Interview Questions

• Looked at transcript and grades.
      Asked about a time working in groups.
      Answer Question

Co-Op IT Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter at a college career/internship fair. I spoke briefly with a few members of the recruiting team and was offered a next day interview. I filled out their online application and met with them the next day for the interview. It was a 30 to 45 minute interview with mostly background questions and a few situational questions. I received a call two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my familiarity with their company and what I knew about them and their subsidiary Speedway.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and enjoyable. There was one HR worker and one chemical engineer to ask the project-related behavioral questions. They asked me basic stuff, nothing technical and it wasn't a difficult question at all. If you were going to apply, make sure you know your resume inside and out because they will question you on all the aspects of it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a project.   Answer Question

Adv Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Canton, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called by HR and went in to Canton, OH location about a week later. Interviewed with HR Coordinator and Supervisor in the Maintenance Department. Interview was about a half hour long. Informal and comfortable question and answer session. One week after the interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized?   2 Answers

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Trenton, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for a interview a few days later. When i went into the store the manager just said the hours i would be working and if i was okay with it and what my main duties would be. After that she sent me to the main office when i had to take a drug test and since i passed i filled out forms and got my vest and name tag.

Interview

phone/ in person. it was a conference call in which each management personnel asked a variety of questions. They really want to know that candidates are flexible and able to adapt. Candidates should be able to prove that they are able to learn quickly. It is also good to have a variety of experiences, and unfortunately the most important thing is your major and GPA.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone Interview was about 30 minutes long. Included the HR rep and the Payroll Manager. Interview was based mostly on questions involving passed experiences. I was given a chance to ask questions about the position during the interview. It was formal and professional but not so much where it was uncomfortable.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the career fair, interviewed 4 days after, short 30 minute interview with two recruiters in the room. easy interview. The two interviewers were nice and friendly, asked standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had trouble working with a group member   Answer Question

/Co-op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum in February 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a job fair and was offered an interview the following day. It was a 30 minute interview with two recruiters. They asked questions backed and forth and I was given time towards the end to ask questions. It was very conversational. I really enjoyed interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time? When was a time you missed a deadline and what did you do?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds. It was pretty straightforward one interview was skype, the second and third were phone. The interviews were short probably 30 minutes each and consisted of 4-6 questions.