Marathon Petroleum Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marathon Petroleum Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.2

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

I received the interview invitation after talking to a marketing director at my school's career fair. I interviewed with two women from HR (who were late to the interview). They were quite condescending with their questions regarding my experience and did not seem professional to me. The whole interview process gave me a bad taste about the entire company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marathon Petroleum

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds. It was pretty straightforward one interview was skype, the second and third were phone. The interviews were short probably 30 minutes each and consisted of 4-6 questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward. I met with recruiters at a job fai and set up an interview for the following week. The recruiters were very clear of what time timeline would be for a follow up offer/declination

Interview Questions

• Describe how your prior work experiences will help you work with our organization?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum in October 2015.

Interview

They had people apply through my University's website. They only interviewed a handful of people on my campus. It was a panel interview. Very nice and open and they really just want to get a feeling of the type of person you are. The people who interviewed me were very nice and asked general questions about me and past experiences. The interview was different because it was a panel interview, but they definitely make you feel comfortable.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

I went to a Marathon table at my school's job fair and they said they were looking for interns. I was excited because I was looking for an internship so I gave them my resume. A week or so later, they emailed me to do a HireVue interview online where I recorded my answers. About a week after I recorded my answers they sent me an email asking me for my transcripts. I sent them, and only a couple days later they gave me an offer. I thought it was weird that they offered the internship to me without having someone ever talk to me in person or ask me any questions that were not through a computer screen.

Interview Questions

• All easy, behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Mount Pleasant, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Somewhat casual interview process in which I was interviewed by three MPC employees at once. They sat across from me and primarily asked questions about why I chose my university, what I wanted to do with my career, and what my previous knowledge of the company was. Overall it was a pretty confined and quick interview.

Interview Questions

• How do your previous work experiences help prepare you for this industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Findlay, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview is super easy with all behavioral questions. The interviewers are really nice just like everyone else at the company is really nice. Just know how to answer basic behavioral questions

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed at college. They were very interested in my school activities and also my leadership positions on campus. .Know your resume like the back of your hand. They do not ask very tough questions. They just want to learn a lot about the person and how you handled yourself in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a difficult decison and how did you handle it?   Answer Question