Marathon Petroleum Pipeline Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marathon Petroleum Pipeline Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Marathon Petroleum

2.7

Pipeline Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

The process starts with an online application, then 5 weeks later I was sent a behavioral test to complete online, then after passing I was invited to a 3.5 hr testing session. Test is 6 parts, math, gauges, reading, listening. Test was ok, but they are all timed so you must move quick on the questions. After passing test you will have interview the next day. The interview was 4 people, one HR, and 3 from the work location. The HR guy was great, very professional. I also had one from the work location that was great as well. The other 2 were not very interested, I think they had their friend pre selected for this position. I wish the interview was held with HR people only, because they are from out of the area and don't have friends to hire. The interview was said to be causal, but 4 on 1 can be pretty intemidating. Company and job seamed great, just wish I could get past the hiring friends part and get a position with them.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in groups, dealing with bad employees in the group, and safety was big too. One question was how have you improved your current job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marathon Petroleum

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Canton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume after which I was offered a spot for the testing site. I was told the day of the test that I had passed and that the next day I was going to be interviewed. I showed up early and with proper attire and went through the interview in which there were 4 individuals and they were all part of the operations department. I felt that the interview went well, however a few weeks alter I received an email stating that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• One question they asked was what is one major safety incident that I have witnessed and how did I react in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a fast and furious interview. The interviewers seemed very un interested. I think their decision was already made before I sat down. I did a skills test in the morning and was called back that afternoon for a panel interview. You get the feeling that these interviews are just a formality and they have already hired a family member or friend.