Marchex Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marchex Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

4.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marchex (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Mostly informational interview held at the nearby Starbucks. Person I met with was knowledgeable and we had a good discussion about the position and requirements. I left the interview not 100% sure what exactly they wanted from the person filling the open position or what the job really was. They made a last minute change to my schedule and I am not sure the person I met with was as knowledgeable as he could have been about the open position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marchex

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marchex in June 2011.

Interview

Series of interviews with two employees at a time (which was kind of intimidating). Each interview was a little different. Most of the people were pretty impressive (I probably should have prepared more). They definitely expect you to do your homework on Marchex and their industry and products. They also want you to have a lot of examples of making tough decisions, dealing with difficult colleagues, and being agile.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marchex in May 2011.

Interview

2 Phone screens and then a 5 one-hour loop with pairs of interviewers for each interview. Pretty intense, not a lot of brain teasers but lots of open ended questions (as if they were waiting for you to reveal your true self). each interview was slightly different but a lot of questions about motivation, knowledge of marchex, and requests for examples of certain behaviors.

Ironically, I got an offer from Amazon but not Marchex which was not what I expected. I will admit they seemed pretty smart but not sure what they were looking for. In either case, I would have gone to Amazon anyway.