Marchex Senior Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Marchex

1 Interview Review

Senior Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marchex (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

An hour phone interview, followed by a day interviewing the team. The day was broken up into hour long interview sessions with a mix of technical and team fit questions. I've been working in the industry for a long time so they seemed to recognize that and not ask the same questions you would get as a person right out of school.

The phone interview they tried to do a shared screen question but the state of the art is still pretty poor. As a result that didn't work and they asked more general questions. Have a pad of paper and a pencil handy so you can keep focused. Use a speaker phone and a quiet room if at all possible.

One thing that Marchex does do right is that they responded to my application with more than a form letter. After the acceptance they sent a card signed by my new team all welcoming me to the team. Then in the first week took me out for a team lunch. My understanding is that they treat all candidates like future customers something other companies could well learn.

Interview Questions

• Given a date, add a month, a day, a week. Now reverse the process.   1 Answer