Marcus & Millichap Associate Broker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Marcus & Millichap Associate Broker Interview Questions

Interviews at Marcus & Millichap

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

I submitted an online resume and received a phone call from the recruiting coordinator with in a few hours. I had two separate interviews with different managing brokers and was offered the jobs following the second roughly 10 days after sending the resume.

Interview Questions

• What is your best accomplishment?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Associate Broker Interview

Interview

I had a sequence of 3 interviews. They want to see that you are aggressive and you follow through. I have heard of a manager not calling back to see that you will take the initiative and make the call again yourself.

Interview Questions

• How much money is in your bank account?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Associate Broker Interview

Interview

Got contacted by the Manager and scheduled an interview for a week later.

Overall the interview was very straight forward; looked over resume. I took a personality tesT

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Long Beach, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Got contacted by the Manager and scheduled an interview for a week later. I've arrived about 20 minutes early, so to have time to review my resume and strong points. There was a lot of materials on the waiting area, which gave me a few extra points that I didn't have on my regular research.
    The manager was very professional and we were able to relate almost immediately, since our past and present activities coincided.
    Overall the interview was very straight forward; looked over resume, talked about the things i can offer the company and vice-versa. Once the interview was over, about an hour later, I took a personality test, which took me about 40 minutes to finish, and was asked to think about the position and provide an answer within a couple of days. I was also asked, in the case I had accepted the offer, to compose a business plan to demonstrate how I intended on achieving my goals within the company.
    So:
    Be prepared to spend at least 2 hours there.
    Research the company until you're fluent with the company's mission, activities and history.
    Arrive early in order to review your information and maybe learn new things.
    Try to relate to the interviewer; talk to the front desk person in order to learn things and make yourself more knowledgeable during the interview.
    Get familiar with sales, the real estate market and business planning concepts, since that'll help you in the long run.
    Make sure to send a thank you email later that day.

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary, this position is 100% commission. Be prepared when going on a interview with at least a comfortable cushion, between 6 - 12 months of saved salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Went in to talk with the hiring manager and had a good talk. Supplied a packet of information and wanted to make sure that this is really something that I wanted to do and to get back to him after I had looked it over and thought about it.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would fit into the culture here at M&M?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a standard DISC assessment they gave to determine if you fit the typical sales profile initially. The rest of the interview was fairly straight forward. asking questions if you can handle making 300 phone calls a week to build their/your database even if they are fake and if you mind wearing a suit and tie every day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into real estate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No- There was no pay to start and no light at the end of the tunnel at least for six months.

Associate Broker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

In person interview mainly discussing my resume. Also asked what do you know about Marcus & Millichap? Should be menotrable and required to go thorugh Marcus and Millichap training for a $1,500 fee.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Houston, TX).

Interview

Multiple interviews (two to three) then roughly two months training on sales methods and underwriting followed by a test of knowledge and skills learned in training process required to start working