Marcus & Millichap Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marcus & Millichap Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The company was extremely professional in the hiring process, met with multiple different team leaders in order to find the right fit with my set of skills and interests.

Interview Questions

• How do you function in a high pace sales environment?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple three-part process: (1) initial interview with VP; (2) personality assessment; (3) meeting with senior individuals. The personality assessment is essentially a quiz of your sales skills. I wouldn't recommend trying to game the assessment, but think about what you'd be looking for in a salesman (which is basically what you'll be): high-energy, driven, self-motivated/self-managing, etc. ALSO, think very carefully about whether you'd be willing to invest time and forgo income for the initial year or so when you'll be making very little to no money.

Interview Questions

• The usual. Why commercial real estate? Walk me through your resume. Prepare a bulletproof response to the "why CRE" question. Also think very carefully about how you'd respond to a question asking how you'd survive for the first year without making money (e.g., move back and live with parents; have partner support you; etc.).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Ontario, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 different interviews. Having you wait a long time. Tells if you're committed. You don't need to know anything about real estate. It's all about selling yourself and how well you can do that. I think they tend to hire people that are successful at something.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about commercial real estate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone pre-interview and then an in-person interview. make sure that you can get to or live in the area of where you are applying. Traveling will not be reimbursed. The in-person interview started with a general conversation with the regional manager about strengths, why this company, goals, and future. Then if that intervietw goes well, he takes you to potential mentors and seniors in the office that would be hiring for the future positions and this can be 2 additional interviews or 5 depending on the time and the office. These are the bread and butter of the interview process and are ultimately the guys that you will be mentored by and will work on splits with. Then you leave and they followed up in the next two days and gave results and what area to focus in.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this office and this market?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy: its a 100% commission based position so not a lot to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Encino, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Sit with managers and discuss why you feel brokerage would be a good fit. Interested in personality and level of excitement shown by candidate. They give a personality test that they take very seriously. It is a one on one interview with both the sales manager and the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the means to support yourself for 12 months without income?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, 1099 broker and 100% commission.

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Ames, IA).

Interview

Typical sales job by the District Manager, smoozing the agent, with no detail and then hit them with reality after they've moved your license over. There were details of my job that were not in the employment contract. This caused friction for the next year and half and never got resolved.

Interview Questions

• None really, except how much did you make at your highest point   1 Answer

Negotiation

Back and forth for a week.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

First you must get selected to attend a presentation about the firm's platform. It's about a 45 minute presentation about what the company is about, what willl be required of you, etc.
    Then you schedule a 1-1 Interview with regional manager. If you pass the interview with him, he'll ask you to speak with a couple of other agents in the office. Finally, take the Personality Test.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward. Questions were mostly personality based.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Oakland, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. Talked about your resume, and asked basic questions about previous work experiences. Manager had an elitist attitude, making you think you were inferior and would learn alot from him. However in reality, I found out later that I was making more than him in my previouw job. Anyway, also took a personality test. Then got a phone call that was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Either you take it or leave it. Your choice.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Austin, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

phone interview with sales manager, brought in for in person interview with senior agents and sales manager, then they make a decision on the spot on whether to bring you on board or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you experienced rejection and how to overcame it.   Answer Question