Marcus & Millichap Broker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.6

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Broker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

In person interview mainly discussing my resume. Also asked what do you know about Marcus & Millichap? Should be menotrable and required to go thorugh Marcus and Millichap training for a $1,500 fee.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied with my resume and cover letter after seeing a job posting on my university's job board. I scheduled an interview later that week. I was a little nervous, probably due to it being my first interview out of college with a major company. However, the employees that I met with were very friendly and made me comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Met at career fair, very friendly and accessible. Invited me to interview the following day. Interview was very easy and went well. Afterwards I sent a follow-up email and did not get a reply for two weeks, after which I had lost interest for the job, and the entire process concluded at this point.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to do an in-person interview just days after. When I went into the office, the man that interviewed me had this very cocky attitude. He told me that it was a predominantly male industry and that as a pretty girl I was better off just being a secretary. He wanted to set me up with an interview to be a secretary instead of a broker. I had never felt so insulted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was later contacted by a Sales Manager to come in for an interview. Basic questions about school and past work experiences. He was very transparent about the responsibilities of the role and that it is 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to financially support yourself for 9-14 months?   Answer Question

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Simple questions about my past with pointers and insight about job. Very informal seeming, especially when the sales manager took a cell phone call during the interview. Basic questions to get to know me, see if I am literate basically. Not the side of the industry I was really trying to get into, but good experience and opportunity to speak with another firm in the CRE Industry.

Interview Questions

• Can you stay afloat for a year before you start making money?   1 Answer

Not feeling the broker/runner side of the business.

Associate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a standard DISC assessment they gave to determine if you fit the typical sales profile initially. The rest of the interview was fairly straight forward. asking questions if you can handle making 300 phone calls a week to build their/your database even if they are fake and if you mind wearing a suit and tie every day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into real estate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No- There was no pay to start and no light at the end of the tunnel at least for six months.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Basically it was just like a normal interview, he looked over my resume and asked questions. We talked about how it is a 100% commission based job with no salary, and I expressed my qualms with that aspect. In the end, I didn't accept because to me starting a job shouldn't be a risky venture, it should make life more stable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever cold called before?   1 Answer

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Entry-level position that requires little to no experience. I was interviewed by one of their Regional Managers. Began with a simple resume walkthrough and questions about interest in commercial real estate. This job is 100% commission based, and you are required to participate in their 3 month training program which YOU have to pay almost $2000 to do. Coming in with little to no experience, you will not make a single dime for a period on at least 8-12 months.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell off your stocks and other investments to support yourself during the 8-12 month period where you would be making no money?   Answer Question

Due to it being 100% commission based, and having to pay almost $2000 for a training program created too much financial risk. Also, I was asked personal questions about how much I had in savings and investments. The Regional Manager asked if I would be willing to sell off my stocks I own to support myself during this time period. This was a ridiculous request in my opinion, and creates a large amount of risk for someone who is fresh out of college and trying to support themselves.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

It was extremely easy. I applied online. The first interview was a phone call to see how interested you were in real estate. The next interview was in person with the office manager. The third interview was with the regional manager. 4th interview was to tell me they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• None. Was a casual conversation to make sure you are interested in real estate and that you are okay working on commission only.   Answer Question