Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.4

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Memphis, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Short and easy no big deal just using words to fill in this section to meet the minimum wouldn't worry much about it very easy interview ok that's all I have to say about this portion of the section

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview. Both were easy with basic behavioral questions and lasted less than 30 minutes each. Just have a good reason for what interests you about the real estate industry.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Lengthy but simple. Make sure to dress very professional, as the office dress code is business professional. If you don't wear a suit jacket you will not make it to the second round of interviews.

Investment Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university job portal. Had a 30 min interview at the career center with one of the managers. He never really asked me anything. Felt like he was more trying to sell me on the company but there didn't seem like there was much to sell. It was a pretty simple conversation about what Marcus and Millichap does and what this position would entail. You would essentially be a traveling salesperson. You spend the first year training to sell commercial property (making around 50 cold calls a day). There is no base salary! It is all commission-based which could be ok because the sales you could be closing would be worth thousands of dollars on big commercial property units but you probably wouldn't make a sale for a year or so. As for the recruiting timeline, he said I needed to reach out after this first interview if I was still interested.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I only made it through the initial phone interview and scheduled a "1st" interview with the broker before I decided it wasn't the right fit for me. The woman that held the phone interview was very informative and helpful! She made sure that I knew about any positions that were available and applied to what was listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Do I know anything about real estate agencies?   1 Answer
    • Is not receiving Healthcare Insurance from the company an issue?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very brief, meet with the head of one of the brokerage groups where we discussed my background and my skills. The interview was very laid back and was more about what I could bring to the team rather than what the team could do for me. The office had a very laid back feel overall.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Irvine, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. I was referred to the position and interviewed at off hours. As I was a college student, I did not brush up on my interview etiquette, but the interviewers were patient with me.

Associate Broker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

In person interview mainly discussing my resume. Also asked what do you know about Marcus & Millichap? Should be menotrable and required to go thorugh Marcus and Millichap training for a $1,500 fee.

Investment Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resume. I called them back about two days later to follow up, and they told me they liked my resume and that I should come in for an informational meeting.
    I went to a meeting where they explained various aspects of the job and spoke to us a bit. They said that they would be reaching out to us following the interviews. Rather than wait, I decided to call the next day and arrange an interview. After that I went to meet with the Regional Manager of the office, as well as several Associates throughout the course of a week. After this I had a final meeting with the Regional Manager where my hire was confirmed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever cold called? Describe your sales experience? Why do you want to sell real estate?   Answer Question

SalesProgram Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in January 2016.

Interview

Met with the sales manager at the local office and he asked me some light questions about my background, followed by a crash course on the training program and the cycle of the position. Once the interview was concluded I was told that I would receive an assessment by email to take and the second interview would be scheduled once completed.

Interview Questions

• What about you makes you want to be involved in commercial real estate?   Answer Question