Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.4

Investment Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university job portal. Had a 30 min interview at the career center with one of the managers. He never really asked me anything. Felt like he was more trying to sell me on the company but there didn't seem like there was much to sell. It was a pretty simple conversation about what Marcus and Millichap does and what this position would entail. You would essentially be a traveling salesperson. You spend the first year training to sell commercial property (making around 50 cold calls a day). There is no base salary! It is all commission-based which could be ok because the sales you could be closing would be worth thousands of dollars on big commercial property units but you probably wouldn't make a sale for a year or so. As for the recruiting timeline, he said I needed to reach out after this first interview if I was still interested.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the office in Orlando. Interviewer was nice and straight up. Told me how much money I could make. However was misleading in what the job actually entailed

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in real estate   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the IPA division. I was introduced by a friend who is a current employee to a couple representatives at a university career fair. I received a phone call about a week later and then interviewed about a week after that. The interview was conducted by a senior analyst and a younger junior analyst. Both were very friendly and most of the questions were just informational about background and fit.

Interview Questions

• What did you like or dislike about your last job and how do you think it will relate to working here?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The company was extremely professional in the hiring process, met with multiple different team leaders in order to find the right fit with my set of skills and interests.

Interview Questions

• How do you function in a high pace sales environment?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very positive vibe throughout the entire interview process. Helpful industry advice. They care about your success. You can tell they are salesmen- they pitch the position very well.The office is very similar to other Marcus and Millichap offices (clean, organized, with an innovative atmosphere).

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Memphis, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Short and easy no big deal just using words to fill in this section to meet the minimum wouldn't worry much about it very easy interview ok that's all I have to say about this portion of the section

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Lengthy but simple. Make sure to dress very professional, as the office dress code is business professional. If you don't wear a suit jacket you will not make it to the second round of interviews.

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Encino, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was done by 4 interviews. One over the telephone, the others were done in person with various executives of the company and finally between you and your senior to see if you are a fit. Once you get offered the job they want you to being right away.

Interview Questions

• How will you succeed at a high paced office like this?   1 Answer

Agent Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY).

Interview

Very simple and behavioral questions. They want to get to know you and make sure you're a fit. They call you to let you know if you received the job or not. Very straight forward. Nothing analytical

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied with my resume and cover letter after seeing a job posting on my university's job board. I scheduled an interview later that week. I was a little nervous, probably due to it being my first interview out of college with a major company. However, the employees that I met with were very friendly and made me comfortable.