Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

College intern, working with a sales broker. Found the position through my college job placement office, and the hiring broker was an alumni of my school. process was 30 minutes, interview with just the broker, mostly personality questions and curious about my interest in real estate

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in real estate   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a standard interview process. They called me and let me know that they would like me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with multiple people on the day I went in. Each person was looking for an intern for the summer to help them with busy work and help with whatever they needed in order to do they best business they possibly could. Generally simple and straightforward interview questions.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask you about your life and other factors that would give them an idea about you. They seem very genuine and interested in my story and what I have to offer. It sounds like a good prospect, from what I see and they want to help you excel. I don't know what else to write here.

Associate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a standard DISC assessment they gave to determine if you fit the typical sales profile initially. The rest of the interview was fairly straight forward. asking questions if you can handle making 300 phone calls a week to build their/your database even if they are fake and if you mind wearing a suit and tie every day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into real estate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No- There was no pay to start and no light at the end of the tunnel at least for six months.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Ontario, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 different interviews. Having you wait a long time. Tells if you're committed. You don't need to know anything about real estate. It's all about selling yourself and how well you can do that. I think they tend to hire people that are successful at something.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about commercial real estate?   1 Answer

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Basically it was just like a normal interview, he looked over my resume and asked questions. We talked about how it is a 100% commission based job with no salary, and I expressed my qualms with that aspect. In the end, I didn't accept because to me starting a job shouldn't be a risky venture, it should make life more stable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever cold called before?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

1st interview with hiring manager, 2nd interview with hiring mgr & VP. Both were basic interviews, standard questions, nothing special. Hiring manager didn't know much about social media campaigns, VP knew less but that's why they chose to hire a social media manager. It would have been nice had the position not radically changed into a basic data entry position a month later.

Negotiation

I was offered a salary that was acceptable to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

I interviewed with the managers of the office - regional and operations manager. Personality based. Two interviews with each manager. I went to the office a third time to be told I was getting hired. It was a seamless and very easy process. The interview consisted of learning about you but they also made sure you knew the job entailed a lot of cold calling.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Great Experience. Very Forthcoming with Information. Interested in you as a person. Great explanation of the firm's history and approach to the commercial real estate market. Took the time to evaluate your interests and relevant past experiences to find a "group" within the company that you would best fit into without overcoming significant hurdles due to personality, knowledge, or approach.

Interview Questions

• 5-10 year goals. Reason for wanting to get into the field. Prior Experience. Individualized questions about personal history, education, interests outside of work.   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, received a call within a few days. Agent asked why Marcus & Millichap and if I one day wanted to pursue RE license, and if I wanted to one day become an agent in the office.