Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.4

Agent Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY).

Interview

Very simple and behavioral questions. They want to get to know you and make sure you're a fit. They call you to let you know if you received the job or not. Very straight forward. Nothing analytical

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied with my resume and cover letter after seeing a job posting on my university's job board. I scheduled an interview later that week. I was a little nervous, probably due to it being my first interview out of college with a major company. However, the employees that I met with were very friendly and made me comfortable.

Brokerage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A current employee in my network set up an interview for me with his boss. Spoke to several workers, including the team manager and president of that specific team. A lot of small talk. Went through my resume.

Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was a meet and greet. Very friendly asked about my background, what school I went to and experience. Talked for about 15 minutes definitely wasn't pressing. Really nice guy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Standard and informative interview process. I learned a lot about the company and what it takes to be a broker. I was introduced to people in the office and had a chance to ask them about their experience here. The questions were not challenging. Overall I enjoyed the interview process.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Spoke with the operations manager over the phone selected a day for interview. First interview was with operations manager just one on once basic questions while the second interview was with the VP and Operations manager asked how I would handle the day to day task with being a receptionist. Offered employment 30 mins after leaving second interview. Declined due to salary offered.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a client or agent being upset as they enter the lobby?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal. I met with sales manager and we talked about M&M's training program and the company's expectations for new hires. Basically you are expected to log 60+ hour weeks and make about 80 cold calls a day. Despite the fact that sales associates are independent contractors, I got the impression that people are micro-managed as if they were employees. Overall I didn't really like the office vibe.

Loan Originator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Went to career event, applied online and was contacted by the San Diego office. Had one interview, was asked to take an online personality assessment test afterwards, then had another interview. The second interview seemed pointless and a complete waste of time. Felt bad vibes from the VP, he was an interestingly weird dude that had an awkward presence. He talked to me about being a Commercial Real Estate Agent or a Loan Originator. A typical day is 7am-7pm (which is ok, I've worked jobs where I did 14-16 hour days). The Loan Originator position has a base salary of 36k until you start making money--they say. The CRE Agent position is all commission and you won't make money for the first 12-14 weeks--they say. Also, the company says YOU have to pay them $1000 for training. That was a red flag, seemed shady, I've never heard of a reputable company CHARGE YOU for training to work for them. Good companies ALWAYS pay you. Their excuse was that people take advantage of their "amazing" training, then quit. If that's really the case, why not charge the trainee, but then reimburse them on their first deal? That would make sense to me. Good luck to all the slave laborers who take the job for 12-14 months without pay--think about it--what you're essentially doing is screening the entire market for them of prospective buyers and sellers, without pay=slave labor. How is this company getting away with hiring "independent contractors" who are doing W2 work? Terrible.

Interview Questions

• Do you own more than one suit, or is it just this?   1 Answer
    • Can you go 12-14 months without pay?   1 Answer

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Met at career fair, very friendly and accessible. Invited me to interview the following day. Interview was very easy and went well. Afterwards I sent a follow-up email and did not get a reply for two weeks, after which I had lost interest for the job, and the entire process concluded at this point.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1 short phone call then a followup 30 minute behavioral interview. It was for a position in New York city. The interviewer was very kind and make the video chat go by easy as he led it.