Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.4

Associate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a standard DISC assessment they gave to determine if you fit the typical sales profile initially. The rest of the interview was fairly straight forward. asking questions if you can handle making 300 phone calls a week to build their/your database even if they are fake and if you mind wearing a suit and tie every day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into real estate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No- There was no pay to start and no light at the end of the tunnel at least for six months.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Ontario, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 different interviews. Having you wait a long time. Tells if you're committed. You don't need to know anything about real estate. It's all about selling yourself and how well you can do that. I think they tend to hire people that are successful at something.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about commercial real estate?   1 Answer

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Basically it was just like a normal interview, he looked over my resume and asked questions. We talked about how it is a 100% commission based job with no salary, and I expressed my qualms with that aspect. In the end, I didn't accept because to me starting a job shouldn't be a risky venture, it should make life more stable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever cold called before?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

1st interview with hiring manager, 2nd interview with hiring mgr & VP. Both were basic interviews, standard questions, nothing special. Hiring manager didn't know much about social media campaigns, VP knew less but that's why they chose to hire a social media manager. It would have been nice had the position not radically changed into a basic data entry position a month later.

Negotiation

I was offered a salary that was acceptable to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

I interviewed with the managers of the office - regional and operations manager. Personality based. Two interviews with each manager. I went to the office a third time to be told I was getting hired. It was a seamless and very easy process. The interview consisted of learning about you but they also made sure you knew the job entailed a lot of cold calling.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Great Experience. Very Forthcoming with Information. Interested in you as a person. Great explanation of the firm's history and approach to the commercial real estate market. Took the time to evaluate your interests and relevant past experiences to find a "group" within the company that you would best fit into without overcoming significant hurdles due to personality, knowledge, or approach.

Interview Questions

• 5-10 year goals. Reason for wanting to get into the field. Prior Experience. Individualized questions about personal history, education, interests outside of work.   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, received a call within a few days. Agent asked why Marcus & Millichap and if I one day wanted to pursue RE license, and if I wanted to one day become an agent in the office.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone pre-interview and then an in-person interview. make sure that you can get to or live in the area of where you are applying. Traveling will not be reimbursed. The in-person interview started with a general conversation with the regional manager about strengths, why this company, goals, and future. Then if that intervietw goes well, he takes you to potential mentors and seniors in the office that would be hiring for the future positions and this can be 2 additional interviews or 5 depending on the time and the office. These are the bread and butter of the interview process and are ultimately the guys that you will be mentored by and will work on splits with. Then you leave and they followed up in the next two days and gave results and what area to focus in.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this office and this market?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy: its a 100% commission based position so not a lot to negotiate.

Financial Analyst/Agent Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied and received an quick email response the following day for me to call a phone number. I called the number multiple times throughout the next few days with no response. A month later received another email to set up an interview. The interview went well. They offered and I declined the low offer.

Low offer

SIP Investment Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Went in fro 4 interview very repetitive. Want to see you have an interest and passion for real estate. What you know about real estate and why you want to get into it. Working directly under a senior broker you don't get to choose. John Horowitz is the regional manager and you must show your excitement to him don't hide emotions

Interview Questions

didn't like person I would be working under