Marcus & Millichap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marcus & Millichap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Marcus & Millichap

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the office in Orlando. Interviewer was nice and straight up. Told me how much money I could make. However was misleading in what the job actually entailed

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in real estate   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very positive vibe throughout the entire interview process. Helpful industry advice. They care about your success. You can tell they are salesmen- they pitch the position very well.The office is very similar to other Marcus and Millichap offices (clean, organized, with an innovative atmosphere).

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Joke--they ARE ALL SALESMEN, so they tell you exactly what you want to hear, then once you are in, everything they state is not reality. Very frustrated with the interview process. It was very easy, just simple conversations, however the dishonesty led to my employment and a waste of real opportunities for other positions that I was merely interested in. DO NOT tell them you are interviewing at other companies. They will make it sound like they know everything about every other corporation, and 'sell' how M&M is "the real deal". Please, every one that works there is miserable.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They ask you about your past. The way that you describe yourself and what you’ve done gives them a lot of what they need to know about you and your ability to sell. Then they tell you about the training process and explain the commission split.

Interview Questions

• Have you closed any commercial real estate deals in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

A series of interviews between the regional manager and Senior Associates who were looking for intro sales associates to work underneath them. From there, the Senior Associate or Director will narrow in on if you are a fit for the team or not.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength's and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Meet with the Regional Manager, meet some people, get hired. I was hired in about 30 minutes, almost like they were selling me on the company. There are a lot of great people who work there, but the majority are stuck and end up moving on to something that they feel is more stable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Encino, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was called back by the Regional Manager of the office, who asked me a few questions about my background - mainly focusing on why I was interested in commercial real estate. After playing phone tag back and forth a few times, we agreed on an appointment time. At end of interview, told me to call him back by the end of the week to see if I was still interested. If I said I was, then I would come in for a personality test and have a panel interview by him and two other associates.

Interview Questions

• You're just a college graduate, what makes you think you can convince a 60 year old investor to trust you with his money?   Answer Question

No short-term financial support was my main reason for declining.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

I interviewed with the managers of the office - regional and operations manager. Personality based. Two interviews with each manager. I went to the office a third time to be told I was getting hired. It was a seamless and very easy process. The interview consisted of learning about you but they also made sure you knew the job entailed a lot of cold calling.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Great Experience. Very Forthcoming with Information. Interested in you as a person. Great explanation of the firm's history and approach to the commercial real estate market. Took the time to evaluate your interests and relevant past experiences to find a "group" within the company that you would best fit into without overcoming significant hurdles due to personality, knowledge, or approach.

Interview Questions

• 5-10 year goals. Reason for wanting to get into the field. Prior Experience. Individualized questions about personal history, education, interests outside of work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal. I met with sales manager and we talked about M&M's training program and the company's expectations for new hires. Basically you are expected to log 60+ hour weeks and make about 80 cold calls a day. Despite the fact that sales associates are independent contractors, I got the impression that people are micro-managed as if they were employees. Overall I didn't really like the office vibe.