Mariano's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.0

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I went to the hiring event. So, my experience is a little different than yours probably will be. I stood in line for about a hour or so. I was interviewed a manager a manager I think and they asked a couple of questions and said that if they were interested they would call me back by the end of the day. Which they did and scheduled a second interview and when i arrived there were other applicants there and they were all waiting a bit behind there interview time. He told me i had the job on the spot and i signed the background check papers and was told to be expecting a call in for training in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mariano's ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to put your pride aside and work with someone you was not necessarily on good terms with?   Answer Question
    • Describe you availability?   1 Answer
    • What did you like the most and the least about your last job?   Answer Question

General Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interview by the store manager first he ask me why I want to work here then the store director interview me and he liked my attitude for this job so he had offer me a position and I accept it.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They took about two weeks to call back. I spoke with a recruiter over the phone and then had two interviews at the store. Both interviews were with someone from HR, the second one was supposed to be with the store director but he wasn't available. The first interviewer was mostly focused on availability and the second interviewer was more so focused on customer service and skills.

Customer Service Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was with three people, all at once. Questions were about experience, education, how to handle customer with a complaint and personal abilities. After I got hired I had training to do and it was paid.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a situation where a customer is having difficulty with another employee?   2 Answers

Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very quick. I wasn't unprepared but the interviewer was rushing the interview. I tried to be brief and detailed with my answers and even then, he was speeding through it. I was the only one there at the time yet he treated it like it was a packed Open Interview.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I attended a pre-announced Job Fair Event for Management Trainees. The event was all day at a hotel. I arrived when it began in the morning. The entire area was overflowing with candidates. They had to bring in rows of chairs from an adjacent ballroom in order to provide adequate seating. I arrived when it began in the morning. I submitted my resume and was told to have a seat. Over 8 hours later I received only a brief interview with less than 10 questions asked. Clearly; they did not anticipate the popularity of this event and did not have enough seasoned managers present to conduct appropriate interviews. Every time I glanced at the table where I had presented my resume; all I saw was "deer in headlights" expressions on the faces of Marianos representatives. Very disappointing result for an investment of a day's time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application, just called 5 days later for phone interview. Passed it was told to come in the next day. I did an interview with the manager and store director. Just hired the same day. Background came back clear told go in on Monday for paperwork.

Any Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

This particular store was a week away from opening, and I was interested in a second job to supplement my income. I applied on a Monday afternoon and received a phone call that night to come in for an interview on Tuesday. I walked in Tuesday and met with 3 people, one after the other. The interview was fairly simple, mostly questions about my sales and customer service experience.
    I asked a few questions about what positions were available, and there were a few left. The 3rd person to interview me was the director of the store. The whole process took maybe 1 hour or less, and I was offered a job on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Generally as expected, took about 3 weeks to start work after initial submission of online application. Interview was pretty basic, questions were predictable and interviewer did not add any additional stress or nerves. Rather annoying process after the interview of background check (which is totally understandable) but the unnecessarily time consuming part is the references, which is not ideal for a first time worker looking for a job.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The employment process took about a week and a half alone. First they call for a phone interview, then you go in to speak to a Psm, and after that you have a interview with a store manager in the same day. Then you come back days later to do a background check and more pay work.