Mariano's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.0

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I submitted my application months earlier and got a call back. I waited about half an hour to be seen, my interview took about 45 minutes because I was getting along well with my interviewer, I met the store manager afterwards and was hired on the spot. Brought back a week later for training.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The phone interview only asked me 3 questions and they were easy the whole process was very easy and quick and if they tell you excellent that's a good thing

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What would you do if you dissatisfied a customer?
      How will you greet your customers?   Answer Question

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I went to the hiring event. So, my experience is a little different than yours probably will be. I stood in line for about a hour or so. I was interviewed a manager a manager I think and they asked a couple of questions and said that if they were interested they would call me back by the end of the day. Which they did and scheduled a second interview and when i arrived there were other applicants there and they were all waiting a bit behind there interview time. He told me i had the job on the spot and i signed the background check papers and was told to be expecting a call in for training in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mariano's ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to put your pride aside and work with someone you was not necessarily on good terms with?   Answer Question
    • Describe you availability?   1 Answer
    • What did you like the most and the least about your last job?   Answer Question

General Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interview by the store manager first he ask me why I want to work here then the store director interview me and he liked my attitude for this job so he had offer me a position and I accept it.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They took about two weeks to call back. I spoke with a recruiter over the phone and then had two interviews at the store. Both interviews were with someone from HR, the second one was supposed to be with the store director but he wasn't available. The first interviewer was mostly focused on availability and the second interviewer was more so focused on customer service and skills.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. They ask what your strengths and weaknesses are and why you'd like to work at Mariano's. It isn't hard to be hired. You sit at a table in the store and talk through the interview. The questions asked in the interview are almost exactly the same to the questions asked on the online application.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Mariano's.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase, you just get a little more pay than minimum wage.

Customer Service Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was with three people, all at once. Questions were about experience, education, how to handle customer with a complaint and personal abilities. After I got hired I had training to do and it was paid.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a situation where a customer is having difficulty with another employee?   2 Answers

Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very quick. I wasn't unprepared but the interviewer was rushing the interview. I tried to be brief and detailed with my answers and even then, he was speeding through it. I was the only one there at the time yet he treated it like it was a packed Open Interview.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I attended a pre-announced Job Fair Event for Management Trainees. The event was all day at a hotel. I arrived when it began in the morning. The entire area was overflowing with candidates. They had to bring in rows of chairs from an adjacent ballroom in order to provide adequate seating. I arrived when it began in the morning. I submitted my resume and was told to have a seat. Over 8 hours later I received only a brief interview with less than 10 questions asked. Clearly; they did not anticipate the popularity of this event and did not have enough seasoned managers present to conduct appropriate interviews. Every time I glanced at the table where I had presented my resume; all I saw was "deer in headlights" expressions on the faces of Marianos representatives. Very disappointing result for an investment of a day's time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application, just called 5 days later for phone interview. Passed it was told to come in the next day. I did an interview with the manager and store director. Just hired the same day. Background came back clear told go in on Monday for paperwork.