Mariano's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.1

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's (Park Ridge, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview itself was quick and to the point. They were standard questions asked at every interview. My only con was that I had to wait 40 minutes before being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem that I solved, whether at work, family etc?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. They ask what your strengths and weaknesses are and why you'd like to work at Mariano's. It isn't hard to be hired. You sit at a table in the store and talk through the interview. The questions asked in the interview are almost exactly the same to the questions asked on the online application.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Mariano's.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase, you just get a little more pay than minimum wage.

Customer Service Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was with three people, all at once. Questions were about experience, education, how to handle customer with a complaint and personal abilities. After I got hired I had training to do and it was paid.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a situation where a customer is having difficulty with another employee?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

Phone screen conducted. Two interviews. Very basic interview questions. Waited to hear back. Got hired on the spot. Returned in a week to start my new job.Training is very fast paced.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's (Buffalo Grove, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The HR rep. Intervieweied you in a very casual setting, usually in the store cafe, so you didn't have the pressure of a closed environment, questions were usually very basic, and as confidently you answered them the better, you usually have to go through 2 interviews, first with the HR rep and if that goes well you get scheduled for second interview with the store director, both not longer than 5 minutes.

Co Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

Very easy
    Did a phone screen and went in for a mass hire at a hotel in rosemont, IL.
    Overall had 3 interviews
    Very easy
    Did a phone screen and went in for a mass hire at a hotel in rosemont, IL.
    Overall had 3 interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

On Campus, it was by two very nice women who made you feel very comfortable. They said they would send out an email in May to let me know about if they will move forward… the interview was in September.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very quick. I wasn't unprepared but the interviewer was rushing the interview. I tried to be brief and detailed with my answers and even then, he was speeding through it. I was the only one there at the time yet he treated it like it was a packed Open Interview.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mariano's (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I attended a pre-announced Job Fair Event for Management Trainees. The event was all day at a hotel. I arrived when it began in the morning. The entire area was overflowing with candidates. They had to bring in rows of chairs from an adjacent ballroom in order to provide adequate seating. I arrived when it began in the morning. I submitted my resume and was told to have a seat. Over 8 hours later I received only a brief interview with less than 10 questions asked. Clearly; they did not anticipate the popularity of this event and did not have enough seasoned managers present to conduct appropriate interviews. Every time I glanced at the table where I had presented my resume; all I saw was "deer in headlights" expressions on the faces of Marianos representatives. Very disappointing result for an investment of a day's time.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mariano's.

Interview

It was a lot of other people . I've interviewed with them 3 times & didn't get the job . It must have been the way I answered my questions .