Maricopa County (Arizona) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maricopa County (Arizona) Interview Questions

Interviews at Maricopa County (Arizona)

2.9

Air Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Panel followed by a written exam. Panel asks you the generic questions like: What if scenarios, and what the job title means to you, and what do you think about government, and how would you make sure that you uphold public service.

Air Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel interview with bunch of behavioral question and technical question. The panel are busy in writing answer. I do not think they will focus on what you are saying personally just jotting down what they heard not even . So just try to focus to answer in particular word.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with difficult person or situation? Give example   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied in June 2015, took an easy online test related to behavior. I then received an email asking me to come for a panel interview. This all happened by August 19th. They give you a list of terms that you can study before the interview. I knew these terms inside and out in case they asked for them to be defined. They didn't ask for that; they wanted you to give an example of how you handled things when put into specific situations. For example: Give an example of when you had to practice patience in the work place or in life. I studied all these terms inside and out. I new their definitions and had an example of everything they asked me. I felt like my responses were well thought out, unrehearsed, genuine and relevant. I researched department policy, knew the name of all the department heads, statistical figures, was familiar with new and innovative programs they had developed and are developing. I asked a lot of questions at the end and felt like I had an excellent rapport with all three panel members. I left the interview feeling like I had nailed it. I was passionate about working this job and was very disappointed to learn that I wasn't moved along in the hiring process. I would have worked very hard and done my best to make difference. Not sure what they were looking for. In case you are wondering...I'm very physically fit and not too old or too young so I don't think that was their concern.

Interview Questions

• They give you a list of terms before your interview. They turn those terms into situational questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 people, one of which is a professor at the University of Phoenix.. Sigh. Received a call 3 weeks later from a very rude background investigator questioning me even though i've never broken a law in my life, and whom I have reason to believe is why I received a rejection letter. I wouldn't list anything that they don't need to know, otherwise they use it against you. A polygraph can easily be passed so long as you don't break down and starting talking.

Interview Questions

• Give specific examples of facilitating change, team work, collaboration etc. They GIVE you a paper with the exact questions they ask a week beforehand. Other than that they might ask why you want to become a probation officer and what you think a probation officer does.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had to pass a test which as I recall was more of a common sense test than job specific. A panel interview was set up if you pass the test and that was it.

Negotiation

Ha...funny question

Administrative Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a onale of three employees. I layer found out one was a peer co-worker, one would be my supervisor, and one was a distant co-worker. I felt immediately comfortable. Each were very friendly and open. The only downside was when I interviewed a 2nd time it was with upper management as well as my supervisor again. I felt comfortable with the supervisor but the other two were more unfriendly and more intimidating. I still did well because I was offered the job. They asked the nirmal questions and then other ones I still don't know why they asked them.

Interview Questions

• If you were a fruit what would you be an why?   1 Answer

Medical Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

4 person interview. well planned and thought out.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult job you ever had.   1 Answer
    • What to do when an employee steals   1 Answer

Courtroom Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of people at the same time. The questions were more about how I work with others and stay organized. Interview was quick. I had to go to the clerk counter before the interview.

Legal Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

Some interviews initiated with a prelim interview either by phone or email to get an actual in person interview. After prelim and in person interviews have been completed, there may be follow up phone or email questions. Then they send findings to HR, and HR decides and notified candidate. This process can take up to 6 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have that would be beneficial in this position?   Answer Question

Management and Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County (Arizona) (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online Nov. 2016 and received a call from HR within two days of the job closing. The interview process went fast after that. I had my first interview then two days later I had my second interview. Three days after that they were calling my references and made an offer. I interviewed via teleconference software as I was an out of state candidate. Both interviews were panel interviews. The interviewers were really nice. I look forward to working with OMB.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer