Maricopa County Community College District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maricopa County Community College District Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District (Tempe, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was in person before a panel of interviewers. You were given hand out of the questions, maybe 20 total, that the panel was going to ask you. The panel members took turns asking you the questions on the hand out and all took notes of your response as you spoke. The answering of questions was not very interactive because the interviewers were writing and not making eye contact with you. At the end you could ask questions if there was time and that was more interactive.

Program Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District.

Interview

Application submitted in January and got a call for interview in May and hired in July. The process takes a long time, so don't hold your breath for a call back. And honestly, it is good to know someone to get a foot in the door, and make sure your resume reflects the requirements they are looking for.

Course Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to the job in April, had my interview in May, and got offered the job in August. I love working here, but be warned, don't look for a job here unless you have a source of income already, because everyone I know here took months to get in.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with web languages.

Name a time you had a problem and overcame it.   Answer Question

Community College Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel interview, many questions, some were pretty challenging. Then of course, you have to teach for a few minutes on a specified topic. Second interview with couple of directors at another campus. A little less formal but you are still outnumbered, so tp speak.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District (Mesa, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview is great, the process never changes. They ask the same questions every time more or less. They already know who they will pick, or won't pick though. Also they don't answer back, there is NO interaction between the interviewers or interviewees. If you want clarification on any questions, even thought say you can ask, they just re-read the question. Again, they know who they want. The committees are stack, with the 'same minded' people. Also in my case at least one person's command of the English language was sorely lacking.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult student who was perhaps lagging or falling behind during a lecture when you needed to move on?   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

3 Levels of screening:
    1. Resume, Cover letter, and recommendation letters (in certain position)
    2. Interview by a panel of committee consist of 3 or more from various level of group/ethnic
    3. Interview by the President and VP when selected

Interview Questions

• *Scenario to determine your ability to perform customer services, handling confidential items/data, skill set with examples, and handling a difficult situation.
      *Item with example of your success/failure   Answer Question

Faculty Interview

Application

Interview

Very long, slow process. Online application does not work well. Plan ahead with lots of extra time.

Got other offer sooner.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District (Chandler, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Largely, this job was found for me by someone in my network. The need was great enough that the hiring process consisted of little more than proving my credentials (supplying them with a resume and transcripts) and discussing the job with the department chair.

Interview Questions

• The qualification most needed for this job is the educational requirement. The departments require certain numbers of graduate credits in the area you are teaching in to even be considered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay and other compensation is not negotiable and since Adjunct Faculty are usually brought in to teach a specific course, the type of work is not negotiable, but the manner in which you teach the course is somewhat flexible.

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Maricopa County Community College District (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Conversations via email over several months ending with face to face with manager twice and director once. Interviews were more casual conversation versus the typical multi-panel interviews that is common in government

Interview Questions

Interview

Lengthy process, you must interview in front of a committee. Lack of training, lack of guidance, lack of feedback