Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

Mental Health Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maricopa County Sheriff's Office (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was mostly conversation. No real interview.i was given a tour of various areas of the facility i Interviewed at which i wasnt placed . I was given an overview of the role of a mental health provider in a variety of sectors. I met few people on the mental health office and also the medical office. But not in the area i was placed.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work any shift? Do you have any problems working with people who may have committed some sits crimes.?   Answer Question

Detention Officer Interview

Interview

Typical background hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, basic integrity questions.   Answer Question

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

Interview

Whole process is started with you attending an orientation in which they introduce the general job to you via a video. Afterwards you fill out an extensive application (it can be taken home and submitted later). After a 1-3 months you should be contacted via e-mail or telephone to see if you moved on in the hiring process. If so, you will be invited in to a background interview, polygraph test, and then a psych test. Do not lie or withhold any important information during these steps, as honest is golden within this department. The people here are extreme professionals and everything is kept private at all times. If passed you will then recieved a conditional job offer pending a medical review. Once you pass the physical, you will recieve a date for when the academy starts as well as all the info you need.

Interview Questions

• They may as some difficult questions during the interview process that may seem embarassing or invasive. Everyone goes through this, so don't worry. As mentioned before, the people conducting the interviews are professionals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating unless you have prior experience as a peace officer or correctional officer. Usually you can get at least $1.50 more an hour if you have this experience.

Deputy Sheriff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maricopa County Sheriff's Office (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy to go though the hiring process. Filled out paperwork on line, went and took a test. Then went to the orientation, then took an agility test. Then set p for a background where you needed tons of paperwork filed out. Which is normal as you are applying for law enforcement. Then did your background, polygraph, physic, then were hired

Interview Questions

• Have you ever committed a crime   1 Answer

Negotiation