Marin Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Marin Software

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

my interview process was a breeze since i came through as a referral and given my relevant background in the industry. i was brought on site for 4 1-on-1 interviews with 3 engineers and a VP about a week after my friend submitted my resume. I heard back from the company with the decision in a matter of days. every one was extremely nice and helpful and definitely convinced me that marin would be a great fit for me. the questions were technical but nothing too out of the ordinary. they did request that i take a multiple choice personality test that i assume was used to gauge fit with the other team members as well as working style.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a web application that handles text lists as well as lists of lists?   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary, options, and start date

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marin Software.

Interview

I do not know what the process actually was. I was scheduled for a phone interview; the recruiter contacted me that they were stuck in a budget meeting and asked to push it out a couple of hours. I agreed however the call never came. I followed up via voicemail and email multiple times about rescheduling and never heard back

Interview Questions

• Can we reschedule for two hours later.   1 Answer

Online Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

3-4 interviews with various levels of the company. good thoughtful process. Skype and in person interviews. Lots of great questions and different types of interviewers.

Seemed well prepared and ran a great interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marin Software.

Interview

There was a quick turn around. Quick and intelligent phone screening. In person interview with entire team. Good people, intelligent related questions to the job. Personality fit was important. Quick decision. Had answer the next day to get hired. Very good benefit package explained by recruiting when hired. (Not the same today). Very clear what job requirements were. Great team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very fair market price. straightforward process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Very quick. Phone interview first with hiring manager. Then in the face to face you meet with a group of 3 sales associates that do the same role that you would be doing. Very casual interview, I felt very welcomed and that they were giving me very truthful answers on what I could expect in the role.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current role?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It was a very good offer right off the bat.

N/A Interview

Interview

Recruiter was very responsive, however upon disclosing my current salary, they noted that it would be a stretch to offer something comparable. However, they still wanted to bring me for an in-person interview as my experience was well suited for the position stating that they were still researching the industry salary, etc. which should have raised red flags as my salary was the industry standard. Looking in hindsight, when I clearly disclosed my salary and the recruiter knew it was well above their targeted range for the position, that they should have not brought me for an in-person as it was a waste of everyone's time and resources.

Marin Software Response

Jan 15, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you so much for sharing your experience here. We hope that you do not feel that interviewing was a complete waste of time, and that you overall had a good experience with us. There... More

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I got a call from HR regarding my interest and my skill sets.
    Then they set me up with telephonic Interview with the Director or QA.
    This was followed by another telephonic interview with EVP

Once I cleared that. they asked me to come on site for a series of Face to Face interview
    There were 7, 30 min 1:1 interviews back to back. They placed me in a conf room and every 30 mins people came in to interview
    I also had Lunch Interview with the EVP as well.

Each interviewer had a java programing question in mind and asked to code it on the white board. Some were tough ones and some were easy. eq, Str rev, Factorial, Fibonacci series. etc

There was one product manager who actually gave me their web tool and asked me to find bugs on it and actually asked me to file the bug in bugzilla, this was kind of cool.

Overall exp was good, they are free beverages which helped me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I had another offer from NYtimes it was easy for my negotiations

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screening followed by onsite, 4 interview rounds, 3 technical and 1 managerial. Process is fast and you will receive update fast.Many of the questions are to understand the technical understanding you have about product/process you worked on.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions are to understand the technical understanding you have about product/process you worked on.   Answer Question

Customer Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds
    1 telephone with hiring manager
    1 telephone with peer
    3 in person on site with senior management

The onsite was the most difficult. Met with three senior execs who dived deep into who I was as a person, if I had the commitment to succeed at Marin, and grilling me on technical questions relating to the industry.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in three years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My offer was very competitive, so I didn't negotiate too much. I asked for a certain salary and they gave me what I asked for, plus more in additional benefits.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with one of the product managers that was very junior and then with the VP of product management. The VP seemed to want to pump me for information on a company I worked for that had a product that was similar to their product.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine the priority of features product releases?   1 Answer