Marin Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marin Software Interview Questions

Interviews at Marin Software

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process appeared to identify gaps and on-the-fly redesign of position definition and requirements. Interviewers not as well prepared as might be anticipated. No followup from recruiter after day long series of interviews, despite thank you notes and status inquiries after a couple of weeks. Expensive day for an interviewee in terms of time, time off work, not to be given the courtesy of a status. Whether or not a person is selected, if the candidate is willing to take a day off from their current job to come in for multiple interviews, it is not polite or professional not to even offer a "no thank you" message. Very disappointed in this lack of common courtesy or professionalism.

Mar 3, 2014 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

This is definitely not our process as we do understand how much time and effort goes into interviewing. I am very disappointed to learn this happened. Our goal is to ensure every person we interview... More

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marin Software (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with Elizabeth Hall (recruiter), then another phone screening with Mike Grossman (VP of Inside Sales), on-site with Mike (30 minutes), then 3 members of the team (30-45 minutes). I would allocate 2 hours for the on-site interview.

QA Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

2 Phone Screen, Long onsite i.e 6 interview with no lunch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Statements like "We cannot give you this much it will be a problem to other QA members" or "You need to talk to CEO if you need more" is complete BS. They can and have offered more to other people and they have even rejected Marin's offer.

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marin Software in February 2014.

Interview

First some information about the company and explained their business.
    Then asked some questions about Java and Algorithms.

1. Difference between Abstract class & Interface
    2. Difference between float & double
    3. What is overloading
    4. Average run-time for sorting algorithms
    5. What are the methods in Iterator

Tech Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marin Software (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled to speak to the recruiter. He cancelled last minute and we promptly rescheduled. An hour prior to our rescheduled interview I received an email saying I was not a fit for the role. Being a recruiter interviewing for a recruiter role is an interesting experience.

Jan 9, 2017 – Head, Global Talent Acquisition

You were interviewing for a Recruiter role in NY? I lead global recruiting? I am the ONLY person interviewing for Tech Recruiters at Marin Software and I would not talk to a Recruiter based in NYC, I... More

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen w/ Recruiter, Technical Phone Screen, On-site Technical Interview
    Solid interview process and received responses in a very timely manner
    No 'gotcha' or trick interview questions
    Pleasant interview experience
    Required to fill out NDAs during every stage of the interview process (which was new to me)

Interview Questions

• Standard questions includes basic Js questions, asynchronous calls, data structures, algorithms, live coding   1 Answer

Senior Manager of Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marin Software (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email asking if I'd be interested in regards to the position. First was a call with recruiter. Then set up a call with the company VP. That call went well and from the conversation, seeing they contacted me, VP basically said there were no other candidates at the time and all but promised me the job. 3rd interview was with a panel. They had a rep do one of the panel interviews which was terrible. It's as if her questions were googled from page one.

Interview Questions

• How would you employees describe you. All page one google "What questions should I ask during an interview".   Answer Question

Front Desk/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

According to the recruiter I aced the interviews however they decided to hire internally. Everyone was really nice and personable however the office was rather quite.

Customer Success Advisor Interview

Interview

Fairly easy, only one of the people I interviewed with really asked about my marketing background. I did appreciate that the only question everyone repeated was "Tell me about yourself".

I will say it was mostly positive though it would have been helpful to get any sort of specific feedback after getting the rejection e-mail especially after meeting with multiple people in person.

Interview Questions

Marin Software Response

Apr 22, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your review and we are glad that you had a positive experience with us. We hope we can reengage with you in the future.

Operational Database Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software.

Interview

2 rounds of Telephonic screening and one round of onsite interview