Marin Software Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA Automation Backend Api Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview was great. General coding stuff like reverse string and aaabsss to a3b1ss3 kind of questions. first a phone interview and then onsite with the qa team (four 1:1). The interveiw went great and they told the team was happy with me but for some reason they told they went ahead with another candidate

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I only give this a negative experience because the recruiter was a bit disrespectful. He called me by the wrong name during email correspondences. On-site interview itself actually went very well, I even had an impromptu meeting with the CFO. Everyone I spoke to was pretty easy going. However, after the interview process was over, the recruiter sent me a generic "thanks, but no thanks" message from a no-reply email. It felt a bit disrespectful seeing as far as I had gotten in the interview process, especially because I had to take over a half day off from my own work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you researched an accounting pronouncement and the result of your findings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

HR Screen - Phone interviews * 2 - 4 rounds of onsite interviews.
    The interview process is pretty smooth and I feel unexpectedly satisfied. First step is HR screen. HR will ask some general technical questions but nothing hard. Second step is two rounds of phone interviews - questions can be found in either leetcode or cc150 (all are same questions). Onsite is four rounds of interviews (I know people also got 3 or 5 rounds depending on specific performance). Questions are not hard but some of them need extra efforts. The interviewers are smart and extremely nice. They are very collaborative.

Interview Questions

• Calculate network size (pretty like word ladder + edit distance), LRU cache, string calculator, e.g. (input: "1 + 10 * 5 + 4", output "55").   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate, the offer package is pretty nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Apply through university career website.
    First round 30 minutes behavior interview. just talk about the resume and some basic data structure and algorithm questions. such as difference between set and list, Iterator, etc.. Second round is share-screen coding. Didn't do well in this technical interview, but the interviewer is pretty nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

1st round: phone screening taken by non technical person. She had list of few questions.
    1. Why Collections.sort doesnt work for Set.
    2. What exceptions would you caught when converting string to integer.
    3. Collections.sort running time.
    4. Describe one of your project.

Interview Questions

• Why Collections.sort doesnt work for Set.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

A HR interview with some java concept questions followed by two phone interviews. One is about find duplications within 0-n. The other asked about classic 2 sum and find median of two sorted lists. Hours later they invited to onsite. onsite is four round 1:1 interviews., write on white board. Except some very traditional questions which can be found on Leetcode, there are also some design and open-to-discuss questions. Over all, it's a rather pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, the whole interview process is nice and smooth.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just offer me a base that more than I expected, so accept it

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Someone from HR contacted me fairly quickly after I applied for this position. Judging from her LinkedIn profile, she was a well-seasoned recruiter that was highly recommended.

We step up a time for a 30 minute phone screening. I waited but I did not receive a call. I followed up and the HR contact apologized, saying she mistakenly put the time in her calendar for 2 hours after what we had confirmed. Ok, honest mistake, not a big deal.

We re-confirmed the same day for the time she initially had in her calendar. That time came and went. 30 minutes later, I received a voice mail that her previous meeting ran over and if we can reschedule. Ok, that's understandable. People are busy, this happens.

I followed up by voicemail and email to provide my availability to re-re-reschedule. I never heard back.

Marin Software Response

Jan 15, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you so much for sharing your experience here. Apologies for only seeing this review now; we are very disappointed to read about this. The first half of 2014 we were going through some... More

Customer Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds
    1 telephone with hiring manager
    1 telephone with peer
    3 in person on site with senior management

The onsite was the most difficult. Met with three senior execs who dived deep into who I was as a person, if I had the commitment to succeed at Marin, and grilling me on technical questions relating to the industry.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in three years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My offer was very competitive, so I didn't negotiate too much. I asked for a certain salary and they gave me what I asked for, plus more in additional benefits.

Strategic Customer Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very personal and organized interview process. They were looking to hire quickly, so the interview phase was no more than two weeks long and the offer letter was received the week after that. If they are motivated to hire, it can happen fast.

Interview Questions

• Describe your worst work experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

3 days long- 2 rounds of negotiating and I got a bump in salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First was a phone interview with the recruiter. Beyond a couple standard resume questions, she asked a list of engineering questions, but as a recruiter she couldn't give any help. Most of them were pretty straightforward such as difference between abstract class and interface, what is 4 left-shift 2 XOR 2, what is the value of a number with all bits as 0 except the leftmost one, and explain a TreeMap. A couple were a little more vague such as what methods do you have to implement to make the object properly comparable, but still pretty easy.

Next was a technical phone interview with an engineer. The only official coding question I got was given 2 sets, determine if the second set is a subset of the first. However, from there as I explained my optimizations with a HashSet, he began asking more detailed questions about how a HashSet in implemented. That was all we really covered.

Final step was an on-sight interview with 4 successive engineers. 3 of them all asked me coding questions I had to write on the board, from standard tree questions, to simply getting the 10 greatest numbers in a list. Most of them were fairly easy, but often were worded strangely and clarification was often needed. 1 engineer asked me a completely design based question without any coding.

Interview Questions

• Given a huge set of data in a list, say GB worth, how do you find the nth largest element?

I just wasn't sure what the point of the question was. It had nothing to do with distributed systems, map reduce, or anything, as the question's emphasis on large data seemed to suggest. The interviewer insisted you just had a normal machine with all the data there. Basically just turned into a standard find the nth larges element question. No idea if I approached it right, as the interviewer gave very little feedback.   1 Answer