Marina Maher Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marina Maher Communications Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications.

Interview

The first interview I had went really, the second (more serious one) seemed like they didn't care- it was only 20 minutes. They also got back to me 15 days after they said they would

Visual Content Creator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an MMC employee who I have interned for in the past for a different company. She told me about the position and passed my name and resume along to the hiring manager. The hiring manager contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. After that, I then had an assignment to complete, where I 'worked' for Free People and had to respond to two separate tweets with copy and a visual. I had 24 hours for the assignment, which I handed in within the first 5 hours. I received very positive feedback for the assignment and was asked to come into NYC for an in-person interview. When I got there the receptionist told me that the person I would be interviewing with was out sick. They found someone in the Design Department to interview me instead. The interview went well, it was quick. They told me about the role and I asked several questions about the company, culture, and lifestyle at MMC. I later sent hand-written thank you cards to both interviewers and emailed a thank you as well. I never heard back, nor got an offer.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First, you fill out the application online and submit your creative piece. Then I interviewed on the phone, last I had two skype interviews and a skills test where I had to write up a PR summary.

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

My overall process was wonderful! My interview felt like a conversation, which I think is one of the best ways to interview. I found the team to be transparent about their needs and the goals they had for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications in April 2016.

Interview

Went on a rinterview, thought it was good. I interviewed for almost an hour. I even asked if they could please let me know and they never called me back or emailed me. I called them and they never answered. Completely unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview that was very casual. Then I had a Skype interview, which was more formal and directed at the position I was being considered for. Both we're with friendly employees who were content in their positions. One went on to be one of my supervisors throughout the summer.

Account Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Fantastic! They really went above and beyond in the process. I had the standard interviews set up, but I wanted to talk to additional people to make sure I was making the right decision. I spoke to AE's and SVP's about their experience working there. Everyone asked detail oriented questions about my past and I felt comfortable doing the same.

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications.

Interview

The interview process was extremely lengthy and I met with multiple people, multiple times. The amount of times that I had to leave a current job to go there was putting me in a precarious situation and it frankly wasn't worth talking to people that I wouldn't work with or see on a regular basis. The experience went from very positive to very negative and disappointing. I think that there were internal arguments to create this position and transparency about that would have been nice.

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications.

Interview

It was a very thorough process, first meeting every single person on the team from junior to senior levels, to practice leads. This was followed by an even more thorough writing test, which took more than an hour to complete. Finally, they did follow through and call my references, in addition to completing a background check. For anyone who has worked at a PR agency though, this is nothing too unique - overall I would say it was pretty standard fair.

Interview Questions

• There were several scenario questions, i.e., how would you respond if a client asked you to do something you didn't agree with. How would you present your response and how would you move forward.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with HR, three in person interviews with key employees from every department. Each in person interview was about 1.5-2 hours in length. The atmosphere was relaxed and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a demanding environment?   1 Answer