Marina Maher Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was approached by a head hunter about the opportunity and the process from start to finish took about 2 weeks. The team was delightful and super accommodating (met with me after office hours). MMC seems to be all about energy, drive and passion so if you go in with those 3 things in mind you’ll be set up to wow them.

Junior, Account Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Nice people. Just wasnt able to connect with their clients

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marina?   1 Answer

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First, you fill out the application online and submit your creative piece. Then I interviewed on the phone, last I had two skype interviews and a skills test where I had to write up a PR summary.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications in April 2016.

Interview

Went on a rinterview, thought it was good. I interviewed for almost an hour. I even asked if they could please let me know and they never called me back or emailed me. I called them and they never answered. Completely unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview that was very casual. Then I had a Skype interview, which was more formal and directed at the position I was being considered for. Both we're with friendly employees who were content in their positions. One went on to be one of my supervisors throughout the summer.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications.

Interview

The first interview I had went really, the second (more serious one) seemed like they didn't care- it was only 20 minutes. They also got back to me 15 days after they said they would

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Since this is PR, it will take awhile to interview and hear back -- it doesn't mean they don't want you, but often times it'll take a few weeks to hear any results. First, I received a phone call which consisted of just reviewing my resume and why I wanted to be a part of this industry. Second, they sent me a press release prompt and asked me to write a press release for a product and send it back within 2 hours. This was more of a creative exercise. Third, I went on a Skype call and I interviewed with multiple account teams. 3 or 4 people per account came in and asked general questions. This lasted almost three hours, but it is very basic -- sell yourself!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications.

Interview

The interview process was extremely lengthy and I met with multiple people, multiple times. The amount of times that I had to leave a current job to go there was putting me in a precarious situation and it frankly wasn't worth talking to people that I wouldn't work with or see on a regular basis. The experience went from very positive to very negative and disappointing. I think that there were internal arguments to create this position and transparency about that would have been nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications in October 2010.

Interview

I saw the position listed on a recruiter's website. After contacting the recruiter, I had an interview scheduled within a couple of hours. I came into the office twice. Each time that I was at the agency I met with 3-4 people. On the final day I also took a writing test at the office. From first interview to getting my offer was about 2 weeks long.

Interview Questions

• Each person I interviewed with seemed to have a distinct style, but I recall a couple people asking about a mistake I'd made in the past and how I fixed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was already getting a big pay bump so I didn't negotiate.

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications.

Interview

It was a very thorough process, first meeting every single person on the team from junior to senior levels, to practice leads. This was followed by an even more thorough writing test, which took more than an hour to complete. Finally, they did follow through and call my references, in addition to completing a background check. For anyone who has worked at a PR agency though, this is nothing too unique - overall I would say it was pretty standard fair.

Interview Questions

• There were several scenario questions, i.e., how would you respond if a client asked you to do something you didn't agree with. How would you present your response and how would you move forward.   Answer Question