Marina Maher Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marina Maher Communications Interview Questions

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications in April 2016.

Interview

Went on a rinterview, thought it was good. I interviewed for almost an hour. I even asked if they could please let me know and they never called me back or emailed me. I called them and they never answered. Completely unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview that was very casual. Then I had a Skype interview, which was more formal and directed at the position I was being considered for. Both we're with friendly employees who were content in their positions. One went on to be one of my supervisors throughout the summer.

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

My overall process was wonderful! My interview felt like a conversation, which I think is one of the best ways to interview. I found the team to be transparent about their needs and the goals they had for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Account Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Fantastic! They really went above and beyond in the process. I had the standard interviews set up, but I wanted to talk to additional people to make sure I was making the right decision. I spoke to AE's and SVP's about their experience working there. Everyone asked detail oriented questions about my past and I felt comfortable doing the same.

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications.

Interview

The interview process was extremely lengthy and I met with multiple people, multiple times. The amount of times that I had to leave a current job to go there was putting me in a precarious situation and it frankly wasn't worth talking to people that I wouldn't work with or see on a regular basis. The experience went from very positive to very negative and disappointing. I think that there were internal arguments to create this position and transparency about that would have been nice.

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications.

Interview

It was a very thorough process, first meeting every single person on the team from junior to senior levels, to practice leads. This was followed by an even more thorough writing test, which took more than an hour to complete. Finally, they did follow through and call my references, in addition to completing a background check. For anyone who has worked at a PR agency though, this is nothing too unique - overall I would say it was pretty standard fair.

Interview Questions

• There were several scenario questions, i.e., how would you respond if a client asked you to do something you didn't agree with. How would you present your response and how would you move forward.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with HR, three in person interviews with key employees from every department. Each in person interview was about 1.5-2 hours in length. The atmosphere was relaxed and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a demanding environment?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was a breeze. Met with HR and a few people on the team. Went really really well. Was told I was to get a writing test sent to me within a few days. Did not happen. HR dropped the ball on me. I was a referral and found out I was not hired b/c they did not want to pay my friend/referral the fee if I was hired.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications in January 2014.

Interview

Fast, pleasant, truthfull

Interview Questions

• Presented with a problem to resolve on the spot   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was negotiable but not an easy one.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marina Maher Communications (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Since this is PR, it will take awhile to interview and hear back -- it doesn't mean they don't want you, but often times it'll take a few weeks to hear any results. First, I received a phone call which consisted of just reviewing my resume and why I wanted to be a part of this industry. Second, they sent me a press release prompt and asked me to write a press release for a product and send it back within 2 hours. This was more of a creative exercise. Third, I went on a Skype call and I interviewed with multiple account teams. 3 or 4 people per account came in and asked general questions. This lasted almost three hours, but it is very basic -- sell yourself!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A