Marinello Schools of Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Marinello Schools of Beauty

2.5

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process is pretty standard - Receive an email from a recruiter which includes a personality assessment link, then an interview with the regional VP of Admissions. They ask the typical questions for an admissions role, I was actually told that they do admissions very different from everyone else but this is not true. They expect you to meet your enrollment goals and pound the phones, I'm not sure how that differs from any other admissions role. They say they will follow up with you but it has been over a month since I interviewed and have not heard one peep. Maybe that is a reflection on me, so I can only give them the benefit of the doubt.

Interview Questions

• "Can you be on the phone all day?" Yes, I was really asked that question.   2 Answers

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief phone conversation followed by a scheduled One on One. Conversational interview approach very relaxed. Was given a tour of the facility and praised throughout the interview as an excellent candidate. Was told I was just what they were looking for and that the executive team would like me. Then told I would hear from them by Friday... Never heard back not even a courtesy call after gassing my head up the way they did. Oh well I guess it is a reflection of what the job would have been like.

Interview Questions

• General Experience Questions   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty (Whittier, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

submitted resume to HR. Phone screen interview. Next interview with regional manager face to face

Interview Questions

• all questions are standard "experience and qualifications" type   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiatiing

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty (Riverside, CA).

Interview

I think we as a group of woman and a panel. I didn't like it because they don't know who you are and your skills. It wasn't one on one, and IU t seem they were going by your look and not your experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the casino?   1 Answer

School Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Spoke with four separate individuals in three separate interviews. Very thorough process. Questions were in depth but fair and well thought out. Focused on finding out level of expertise. Liked everyone I met through the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Would not negotiate starting salary but promised a bonus plan that never came to be

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Had to demonstrate my technical skills during the interview. The school director and her regional director were present and both asking me questions as I was working on another staff member and explaining what I was doing and why. They also asked me about my experience in the beauty industry.

Interview Questions

• What I liked best about teaching...   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Interview

I met with the lead instructor then with the School Director. I was then called in and offered a position as a part time instructor. The entire process took approximately one week from first interview until my first day on the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult questions. My interview was very fair and pleasant.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty.

Interview

very quick and to the point

Negotiation

there was none

Director of Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty (Whittier, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR shortly after, was scheduled for an on-site interview the next week. Showed up at their Whittier HQ. Was surprised by the location. Definitely felt like a warehouse environment and was in a strange part of town. Despite this, the interviewing manger (VP of Marketing) was very respectful, knowledgable about marketing, and seemed to have a definite passion for his field. I throughly enjoyed our conversation and felt that I could have learned a lot from him.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style.   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marinello Schools of Beauty (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty easy, honestly if you're smart and great people person you can get the job. It's a glorified salon receptionist position, what they're looking for is someone who's relatively cute, perky, good with people and awesome salesperson. You need to be able to not make friends with students, this is a must, once you do it becomes a conflict of interest. Use common sense.

Interview Questions

• Will you commit to being employed here for more than a year?   1 Answer

Marinello Schools of Beauty Response

Aug 6, 2015 – Sr. Recruitment Partner

Thank you for your comment and welcome aboard! If you have any questions during your onboarding training, please be sure to contact the Human Resources team at recruitment@marinello.com!

All the... More