Mariner Investment Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mariner Investment Group

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mariner Investment Group (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer, no difficult questions and straightforward. I did not have to answer any questions outside of walking him through my resume. I would recommend having this question down to a science when applying to this company.

Interview Questions

• All they asked me to do was walk them through my resume.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mariner Investment Group (Harrison, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

This was one of the worst interviews I've ever had, and I've had many. I was quizzed by 15 IT specialists from all over the company. Asking tech questions of all sorts. That part went OK, they said it did as well (in feedback to my recruiter). But it was impossible to have any discussion about the position in this format. It was impossible to connect with anyone or remember their name. They asked if I wanted to work alone or in a team, I said both had advantages, but I was leaning on the "team" side since there were 15 people there. They said, oh well, this position will be working alone -- then why the h___ did 15 people have to interview me? So word to the wise. Be prepared for a barrage of questions, some from folks whose English is difficult to understand. Although they were unable to even tell the recruiter in advance whether they wanted a Java person or a .NET person, I studied mostly Java (since that's what I know), and it turns out they're a Java shop (so things went fairly well). I really don't know why they set up people to fail like this. If you don't want someone, don't interview them.

Interview Questions

• They were asking about hedge funds... I was prepared for that, but when I was able to answer they kept pressing more and more in depth... I've never worked at one, so I'm not an authority on them. Why would I be? Like I said, I felt like they were just trying to trip me up.   Answer Question