Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was easy and quick. I interviewed directly at the location I worked in with two individuals. The entire interview was maybe 15 minutes long at most. They only asked a few questions about work experience and educational background before letting me ask a few of my own questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing people notice about you right away?   1 Answer

Guest Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the Mario Tricoci careers website. I received a personality quiz via email a few days after submitting my resume and application. I did a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview the following week. The entire process took two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa (Palatine, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

First interview at corporate office. Second interview at salon.
    Today was my first interview at the corporate office. My first hint this was going to be a bad interview..I was sitting in my car putting on my makeup. Two girls left that looked very displeased and unhappy. I thought nothing of it. As I went inside to wait for my interview maybe 2 or 3 other candidates came out seemed irritated and unhappy. Started to get the feeling this may not go well. Finally got called in. Immediately felt unwelcome. All I remember was seeing the interviewers mean looking face. I smiled said hello. I smile a lot sometimes to much. But immediately wiped that smile off my face once I sat down. The interviewer looked mean the whole time. Didn't bather to crack a smile and very unpleasant personality. I don't think I was in the interview more than 5 minutes before I had the urge to get up from my seat and leave. It was a very unpleasant experience. They tell you in the email to be pleasant and smile but yet the person who interviews you has the most stale personality. Just monotone, unhappy, and not pleasant at all. I could only imagine if they are like that how the people under them are. Especially in a salon full of stylist. Even though I prepared for the interview it was a disaster. If they offered me a position I would not take it. The job only pays $9-$10 per hours. And I think minimum wage in IL is $8.25. My advice if your going try and hire for a next to minimum wage job at least be pleasant. $9 per hour jobs are not hard to come by and your not doing any one any favors. I felt stupid for going to the interview because I took off from my temp job early to come. And I went and got my nails done per the pre interview email about having a fresh manicure and makeup. I wish I could get my money back and the time I took off from work to waste my time amongst such bad energy individuals. The whole experience was horrible. Worst interview of my life!

Interview Questions

• What are you short term goals? What can you bring to us? What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Stylist Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa.

Interview

The interview when very nicely, the stylist and colorist nice people most of the time. Very lazy though most of them wanted everything done for them and they wouldn't do anything to make things smoothly which was very sad because we were a team. Some made things harder example clean shampoo restock bathroom call the front desk, laundry, dishes and most of them very needy. The wort part was because we had to help both style and color with limited staff(assistance). Pay was horrible 8.25 an hour very little for too much work manager never satisfied even when everything was in order. Overall management and technicians took to much advantage and always complaining. My things be on time for your clients stop being lazy and stop complaining of those that do their job. Keep in mind they never close only certain holidays

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work on weekends and holidays or work extra hours?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask lost of questions, be open minded. What ever your heart says do. Good training programs. Make sure you get a good teacher if job offer accepted.

Beauty Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online & then in person interview with very professional makeup manager at salon. Took tour of salon- it was dirty! Not very impressive but I needed a job. Thought that Mario Tricoci was "high end": they just think that they are!

Interview Questions

• I was asked about sales experience.   Answer Question
    • I needed an esthetic license and was asked to perform eye brow wax.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to do a makeup application.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted position for lower pay than I should have. It is an hourly plus commission paid position

Assistant Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa.

Interview

One on one interview process. Was there on time but had to wait over half an hour to be interviewed. Very unprofessional. I also found it very unprofessional to have me drive that far and wait that long to tell me the position I applied for was not available. Very unprofessional. I'm very turned off by the experience and I do not have a high opinion of the company at this point at all. I didn't find the receptionist to be professional or pleasant. I thought she was slightly rude and projected she didn't want to be bothered.

Style Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa (Palatine, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I had to take a signature tour of the Schaumburg salon prior to the interview and I can understand why. Wow! What a gorgeous place. I also looked at the website and social media. The company supports their people via social media. Wow! I interviewed at their corporate office in Palatine by this woman. She was super passionate about the company and made me feel excited by the career opportunities and training!

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa (Palatine, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Took longer then I would have liked but overall very pleasant. Took many phone calls, and 3 in person interviews. Altogether about 5 weeks. Wish it would have been sooner.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with difficult clients   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa (Orland Park, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email about an hour later asking to take an additional application "quiz". I then was sent another email inviting me to go to their Paletine HQ and have a 15 min in person interview. (That should have been a red flag). That was Wednesday and I was told by the woman I interviewed with how excited she was for me and how she saw no problems as to why I couldn't be part of their team. She then told me I would receive a call within two days to speak with the salon manager and set up my schedule. I received a call later the same day inviting me to come to the salon the next week in person and sit and talk about benefits,hours, etc. I was very excited, as this sounded that I was being hired. NOPE. I went to the salon and was given a second interview. Which I wasn't upset about, but it did catch me off guard. After the 20 min interview I was told I would hear back from them by Friday at the latest, regardless of of they would hire me or not. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday came and went with no call. I called them on Monday to check the status of my application and interview and I was given a very rude answer of "well I'm still interviewing. This process takes longer than you may think". I never heard from them again. And now the job has been reposted.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Online application followed by interview with Manager . Manager contact you via phone to come in the complete paperwork.
    Then you have a week training session at thier corporate office in Plaintine , Illinois

Interview Questions

• Questions are based heavily on your customer service experience   Answer Question