Markem Imaje Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Markem Imaje Interview Questions

2.9

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Markem Imaje (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had 3 meetings, one with sales manager, one with Division Manager and met multiple people at the corporate office in Atlanta. I was asked pretty standard questions by the Sales Manager. The Division Manager dug a bit deeper about my track record, my motivation and type of culture I am comfortable in. The Sales Director seemed a bit smug and asked what I did yesterday and what I have planned for tomorrow. The VP spent a lot of time breaking down what I have earned and how that relates to performance. He too spoke of culture. I did not get a good feeling about the company after speaking with him.

Interview Questions

• Questions were largely around my ability and comfort in a quota driven environment. I was asked about the culture I am comfortable in.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Markem Imaje (Keene, NH).

Interview

Contacted by HR, discussed current job status, school status, discussed type of work that would be done, and living arrangements

Contacted by hiring manager discussed what goals were and location and company.

Contacted by HR and Manager in joint call call. Offered job. Accepted job.

Then went through background check, drug test, and other forms required by the company.

Paid Internship, free housing and free rides from co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a circuit design that gave you the most problems   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Markem Imaje.

Interview

I went to a job fair at my college, introduced myself to the representatives for Markem Imaje's booth, and I handed them my resume. It wasn't until 3 months later that I received a call stating that a Web Developer co-op position was available. I decided to give it a shot and have an interview scheduled.

During the interview process, I was dressed up in proper interview attire while the interviewers wore casual clothes. The building was very hot and there was no air condition in the board room. The questions that were asked pertained to what I have learned in my college courses. They allowed me to draw out diagrams on their white board as they wrote side notes on their copies of my resume. I was then allowed to ask them questions about the position.

A quick tour was given, then I sat down with the program manager to discuss what needs to be done, how long this position will last, how much the salary is, and if I am able to do this job or not. Considering how the tasks mentioned were relevant to what I have learned in college, I said that I was interested. I was told that there was no competition because of the late notice of this position, everyone else that was called found a job elsewhere. I was then allowed to ask questions, and finally the program manager walked me out and wished me luck.

It wasn't long until I received an e-mail stating that their team felt that they needed more experience for the project. I followed up with a thank you e-mail and that was that.

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Markem Imaje (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I lived in the area, so drove over to their facility. Conducted the interview with four of their managers. Very straight forward. No surprise questions, helpful that I did a little homework beforehand on the company. I didn't get the offer because one of the other candidates had been in the same job at one of their competitors. Where I had no industry experience but was qualified for the position. Overall it was an easy interview, low stress.

Interview Questions

• Mostly they wanted to know how comfortable I was with travel, because most of their jobs do travel a lot. Then they also wanted to know about my work history and how it related to the position.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Markem Imaje in March 2012.

Interview

The interview will depend upon position to position. My was 4 hours first round after that Hr round. It will take at least 30 days to get yes or no on the jobs hiring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation is bit hard. If this your first job than that is okay but if you are switching from current job then think twice if really want to leave your job.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Markem Imaje (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed 5 times!
    For a moment I thought I am being interviewed for a 'President & CEO's position'!!

The communication has been very weak & poor.
    Looks like HR and the hiring managers as well have no clue on the developments within the company!

2 weeks after the final (5th) meeting with technical Manager, I was informed the company is going thru restructuring. A cruel JOKE!!!
    Didn't the Tech manager or HR knew about this or it's coming?

It was a complete waste of time and energy with this company, especially when you are on a frantic job hunt.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special in the interview.   2 Answers

Technical Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Markem Imaje in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by current tech manager, asked about technical degree (no college degree), asked about ability to handle increased responsibility.

Interview Questions

• why are you the best person for this job   1 Answer