Market Street United Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Market Street United Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market Street United (Colleyville, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick. Come in ask a couple of questions, and follow up questions and general conversations.

It was a very laid back interview, basically trying to figure out if you enjoy people, or not. Deciding if you're a good people person.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market Street United (Frisco, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then enquired in the store about the status of my application. They called me back 2 days later for an interview. The interview process was fairly smooth & straightforward, as mentioned by other interviewees below. No diifficult questions. About 2 weeks passed from the time I submitted my application to hiring date. But, once I had the interview, everything concluded w/in 2 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked how much I wanted per hour. I quoted a value based on what I saw posted on this website, thinking I was shooting high. That figure wasn't high enough & fortunately, they offered me an even higher amt. In hindsight, the salary values noted on the salary page here must not be up-to-date. Too bad I didn't ask for more!

Food Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market Street United (Wichita Falls, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Bakery manager called and set up interview. Bakery Manager sat down with me and asked me to tell her about myself. She was very pleasant and asked questions like why did I want to work for United? What could I bring to United? Very relaxed interview.
    Received a second phone call from the store manager. I met with her and we walked and talked for my interview. She suggested that the Deli would be a good place for me to work.
    I met the Deli manager a week later. She listened to me tell about all the places I worked. Offered a job working in the Deli. She told me it was hard work and my feet, back and legs will hurt.
    Received a call from the manager offering me a job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at United?
      What can you bring to United?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Market Street United (Coppell, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

You sit down with the Store Manager in the deli area. Very relaxed. He/she asks you some pretty basic questions about who you are and why you want to join the team.

Beer & Wine Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Street United (Frisco, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was easy and Justin the Wine department manager is a good guy you just let him know how much you know or don't know. He asks a few questions about customer service and wine knowledge. What I was told during the interview never materialized so they promised more than they gave.

Interview Questions

• How many years of wine sales?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market Street United (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Arrived five minutes early for my interview. Waited while an employee found my interviewer. We sat down and she asked me basic questions about my experience, availability, and why I wanted to work for the company. She said she liked me a lot and wanted me to interview with another manager on the team but that she scheduled my interview an hour early and asked if i could wait an hour for him to come in. Gotta say, very unprofessional. I walked around the store for about 20 minuets when I was called over the intercom to the front and she pulled a manager from another department to interview me. He didn't seem like he cared, we mostly talked about my recent vacation. He told me to sit tight while he got the original interviewer. I waited another 20 minuets when she came and offered me a position. We talked about getting into orientation the very next day and then she gave me directions to the office where they preform the urinalysis. They required I submit my test the same day. So I left, ate breakfast and took my test. I got a call about two hours later and the interviewer didn't seem as friendly as before. She said my drug test required additional testing and that I wouldn't be able to start the hiring process. She said we would be in touch and "go from there." I received a call three days from the lab later that my test came back positive for THC and that they retracted the offer. At that time I gave the lab tech on the phone a piece of my mind. Boo hoo I didn't get a minimum wage job at this crappy store.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a negative guest experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market Street United (Plano, TX).

Interview

Overall very quick and easy process I applied online was called for a interview the interview was very brief and easy after that I took a drug test and a few hours later I was called and offered a position.
    Pretty much if you get called for an interview don't worry about it you pretty much have the job.

Front End Baggers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Street United (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Easy, just making sure you are not dumb and that you are personable enough. You just speak to one or two of the managers about what your job would entail and company culture. Very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Market Street United (Coppell, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Apply online, get a call, schedule the interview, go to the interview, fill out paperwork, got the job before I left. I talked to two people, they had maybe 5 questions between them. Easiest interview ever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market Street United (Frisco, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They basically accepted me without interviewing me just because they were extremely desperate for workers. I was asked one question which was just something that was on my application. They hired basically everyone that applied and they're going to keep having to do that because almost every sacker and checker hates working at market street because of the managers. Everyone talks crap about the managers in the break room and talks about quitting :)

Interview Questions

• "So I see on your application you volunteered at church.. can you tell me a little about that?"   1 Answer