Market of Choice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.4

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was directed to take a "personality assessment" which had "no wrong answers" and included multiple variations of the question "how much do you like stealing from your employers". Then they called to ask pre-interview screening questions, and again to ask clarifying questions about the personality assessment, and scheduled an interview. Then they conducted the interview, about 20 minutes, one interviewer, no observers. I received an email when they decided not to pursue me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gotten into a fist fight at work?   1 Answer

Beer and Wine Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Basic Sit down with HR assistant and Dept Head- But it took an hour and I clearly was both overqualified (for the level of work) and underqualified (in beer and wine specific knowledge). Wish they had made a suggestion of another position I could fit. All in all, good impressions.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions- one cute one was "What suggestions would you make to someone just entering the workforce?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview, manager was friendly, no questions too far fetched. The process of getting hired took quite a while and there was some slow response time after getting the interview as to whether or not I would be moving to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been involved in a fist fight at work?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

There was an online application that took a very long time. Two days later I was called and had a 10-minute phone interview, after which I was asked to come in for a one on one interview. During the interview we talked about my past job experience, why I want to work for Market of Choice, if I would be comfortable taking a job in a different department than the one I applied for, and other general interview questions. After the interview I was selected to go meet the head of the department I was accepted for- this was just a 15-minute conversation about what the job exactly required. After that I was offered the job- to get hired you have to take a drug test and pay for it yourself (refundable if you pass.)

Barist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Bend, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call from HR and they ask me a couple questions about previous experience working, and just some basic information. They were typical screening questions such as "tell me a little but about yourself" and "what is your previous experience with customer service." Right off the bat they scheduled an in person interview for the following week. This interview only took about 15 minutes. The interviewer read questions off of her paper and recorded notes as I was speaking. Got an email 2 days later saying they wouldn't be able to hire me at this time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had conflict with previous employees before and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I arrived right on time and they had me waiting for awhile, finally I went to have my interview and they interviewed me for kitchen staff a completely different job then I applied for and had no experience in and had the head kitchen person interview along with the hiring department but over all they were nice ladies but didn't get offered a job.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Corvallis, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

I managed to get a phone interview, but only that far. Whoever they had in charge of HR, while they were very courteous, wasn't very good about maintaining contact lines. I had to call back several times for the phone interview because they seemingly never had time to do so on their own.
     Once I managed to get to the interview, it was all basic questions. Not something to be worried about at all. Though I thought it went well, and they promised to call me back within the day to tell me if I got the job, I never heard back from them.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the human resource department. I went into their main store downtown Eugene. I met with 3 heads of the department who had worked for Market of Choice for over 10 years.

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple people in the typical interview fashion. Started with a phone chat then moved to a more formal sit down interview. What I find amazing is that I was never once interviewed by a single person that had any knowledge of meat cutting or any experience working in a ,eat department.

Interview Questions

• Bland and general questions about customer service. Nothing about my abilities as a meat cutter.   Answer Question

Pizza Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice in December 2014.

Interview

had two over the phone interviews. the first was more of an over the phone personality test. the second was more related to the job and was like a traditional phone interview. got a call about a week after the second phone interview to then set up a date for a drug screening. only downfall was the fact that i had to do some training away from home for the position i was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a high end store such as MOC?   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate wages but in the end i found that i was being underpaid. the job is very difficult and i would have asked for i higher rate if i knew how hard the grocery business was.