Market of Choice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Market of Choice

2.4

Sort:

Pizza Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice in December 2014.

Interview

had two over the phone interviews. the first was more of an over the phone personality test. the second was more related to the job and was like a traditional phone interview. got a call about a week after the second phone interview to then set up a date for a drug screening. only downfall was the fact that i had to do some training away from home for the position i was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a high end store such as MOC?   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate wages but in the end i found that i was being underpaid. the job is very difficult and i would have asked for i higher rate if i knew how hard the grocery business was.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

easygoing, had to follow up in person with my online application to literally make "the list" for the next round. After that I was given a phone interview with your standard cut-and-dry set of questions. Then after a day or two I was called in for an in-person with HR and one of the kitchen's managers / P.I.C. They followed up with my references and I was given an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• "How do you get along with others / resolve interpersonal issues?"   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview, manager was friendly, no questions too far fetched. The process of getting hired took quite a while and there was some slow response time after getting the interview as to whether or not I would be moving to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been involved in a fist fight at work?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I arrived right on time and they had me waiting for awhile, finally I went to have my interview and they interviewed me for kitchen staff a completely different job then I applied for and had no experience in and had the head kitchen person interview along with the hiring department but over all they were nice ladies but didn't get offered a job.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Market of Choice.

Interview

I submitted an online application and a handful of days later was called to schedule an in-person interview. The woman who was giving the interview was friendly and I felt that it went well. After the about 20 minute interview, I was asked to fill out some additional paperwork, including a paper agreeing to take a drug test if I was offered the job. I was also given a packet that listed the expectations and duties required for the position I was going for.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

It was the second time I had applied online and my second phone interview, but this time I got a call back for a real interview. I had applied for any open position and during the phone interview they asked where I would like to work and I picked the bakery on the spot. I went in for my interview and met with a very nice young woman in HR who asked me some general questions then called in the bakery manager to meet me. At the end of the meeting the HR representative asked for five references (and they really called all of them). A week later they hired me. I had to go in for a drug test (later I learned that they were excited after my interview because they knew I'd pass the drug test). And when I went in for orientation they said that they were going to have me be a barista instead of a bakery clerk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they just said you will be paid "x" amount an hour. I would recommend asking for more than minimum wage on your application because other coworkers with similar backgrounds asked for more and got a higher started wage than me.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the human resource department. I went into their main store downtown Eugene. I met with 3 heads of the department who had worked for Market of Choice for over 10 years.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was directed to take a "personality assessment" which had "no wrong answers" and included multiple variations of the question "how much do you like stealing from your employers". Then they called to ask pre-interview screening questions, and again to ask clarifying questions about the personality assessment, and scheduled an interview. Then they conducted the interview, about 20 minutes, one interviewer, no observers. I received an email when they decided not to pursue me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gotten into a fist fight at work?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy I was joined by the hiring manager as well as the produce manager. The electronic questionnaire however was by far the worst part of the experience interviewing for the job

Interview Questions

• The questions we're essentially the same thing reworded over and over again.   1 Answer
    • the questions asked during the face-to-face interview however were much more commonly asked questions during a job interview and easier to answer   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR).

Interview

It was well organized, but did not reflect the job entailed. They will lie to get you in the door, and will not deliver on their promises. Promise me that this doesnt really have to be thirty words. Am i there yet?

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken or sold drugs at work? This question is quick. A quick answer is obvious.   1 Answer