MarketStar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MarketStar Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

They definitely took their time, as they wanted to ensure they hired the right candidates. Phone interview, followed by video interview, interview with hiring manager, and then finally with both the hiring manager and client. Total duration was about 1 month. Everyone seemed upfront about the position and it's responsibilities. I never felt mislead although I couldn't tell if I would receive an offer. Thankfully in the end, I did.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on your past experience and how they were relevant to the position you were applying for. Definitely speak towards your past accomplishments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None... It was a firm and fair offer.

Sony Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

Brief phone interview. Then 15 minute skype interview. Super basic/easy questions. Its very obvious what they want to hear and if you tell them, you get the job. VERY easy job to get

Interview Questions

• What do you say to a customer who wants to buy your competitor.   Answer Question

Specialty Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketStar (South Jordan, UT).

Interview

Low key, explanation of position. Asked questions about my background. Asked what I knew about the position, how i could impact the growth of the team, how are my time management skills, what is my biggest weakness.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MarketStar (Phila, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

One on one with Sales Manage in a coffee shop. He reviewed my resume, talked about goals, family, hobbies and how I handled a few stressful situations. We also talked about self motivation and group dynamics. It was very laid back and we established good rapport. We reviewed the job, it's challenges with customers and Verizon employees. He stated his goals, expectations and asked if I could meet them. He described the training programs, both Marketstar & Verizon. At the conclusion, we toured the Verizon store within the shopping complex.

Interview Questions

• Multiple standard questions throughout the interview, but best requested was for me to sell him my cell phone.   1 Answer

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

The hiring process involved two interviews, one over the phone and the second in person. The phone interview consisted of general interview questions. The in person interview was more evolved around past experience. Overall both interviews were professional and well organized.

Interview Questions

• What salary range are you expecting?   1 Answer

Sony Electronic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MarketStar (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

All interviews are conducted online through HireVue. You do not have an one-on-one with an interviewer. Rather, you record yourself answering the questions. It could be done with laptop or even on your phone with the HireVue App. Not gonna lie, it's quite an interesting experience. They will provide practice questions before the real recording and you can do it as many time as you'd like before beginning. The most important thing to know is that there will be no retakes once the interview starts and you are also timed for each questions. The time they gave for each question was sufficient and I did not feel pressured or rushed.

Interview Questions

• Do a mock sale or describe how you would approach selling a product.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

General interview questions. Nothing new or strange. Not any kind of technical skills testing. Just chatted mostly with two managers who would be over my position. Not really any kind of discussion about the technical aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straightforward. The company has very strict salary ranges. No wiggle room.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

Put in my resume online. Recruiter called and did a phone interview. Then came in for a face to face. Next day they offered position. I tried to negotiate the salary but they would not move on it. I was out of work so took the position,

Sales Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MarketStar in November 2014.

Interview

It was a few phone interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary just background type questions. The last interview was with the client. All went well and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate and stood firm on my needs. They ended up meeting my needs.

Google Specialist Interview

Interview

I filled out the online application and received a phone call almost immediately after completing the application. I was questioned regarding Google's products and services and received several subsequent calls after by different managers within Marketstar just basically filling me out as far as culture and technology goes.

Interview Questions

• None, they were basic questions for a common Gmail user or YouTube watcher. Mainly you need to know and understand that they are Google related.   Answer Question