Marketing Consultants of Orlando Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketing Consultants of Orlando Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

1.8

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Applied online, heard back next day for a phone screening. It seemed very quick and vague to me. I opted not to go forward with the interview for reasons which I will elaborate below.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff about my current role. The interviewer was nice but seemed a little too chummy. Seemed fishy right off the bat. First off they tell you nothing about the roll. Apparently, that is for another interview? When I asked the interviewer what MCO stood for they said that it does not stand for anything and that its called that because it's near the airport. Boldface lie. I soon got the impression that they didn't want me to fully understand the nature of the position until it was too late.

There is nothing wrong with a door-to-door sales position, but the experience I had made me very suspicious about what exactly was going on   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Too easy. I got initial call then got another call two hours later confirming my second interview now I am being told to come in for a third.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a 3 part interview. The initial interview was about 5 minutes. They told me if I don't get a call back my 6pm, it means I didn't get the job. They called that night at 5:59pm. The next day I went to Panera bread to meet with 2 managers, & they broke down the process.

Interview Questions

• Am I ok with selling at&t door to door?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative/Management Track Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

As the word "marketing" is in the name of this place, it should be obvious that it is a scam (look at the one bad review - the good ones are obvious plants). You get to the interview and you're just another number. Depending on how early you are you could see ten other people there for the interview. They talk to you for about five minutes and tell you that you - yes, you out of all the applicants this week stand out as management material and you can come in the next morning for the next part of the interview to see what you got, and immediately after pay and benefits will be discussed.

So the next morning you get there and there's another little "you're our guy!" kind of meeting and then they take you out to your own car to look at your windshield. To me it seemed that this is what the job entails - going to parking lots and looking at people's windshields and convincing them to use this service which presumably does not cost them anything out of pocket. Next you drive over to your sales buddy's car (if this all sounds confusing, then good. There's really no space/reason to get into the details, best to just make this all doing bad) and guess what! You're going to be driving your own car to another location! They want your time on two different days and your gas too! So we set off from Eatonville to Longwood/Winter Springs, no particular destination given, just a "follow me in my gray sedan." I had enough by this point and decided to go home, but not before a phone call since hey, I wasn't even on my way home yet, but I was separated from who as I was following as should be expected when you get on a busy road using the pre-cell phone/GPS method of going to an undisclosed location.

In conclusion, if you have ever been to a sketchy/scammy job interview it's par for the course. If you're a self-starting go-getter with no respect for yourself, maybe you can make it work. That's why you went into "marketing" anyway, isn't it? As for me, I'll save my gas money and interview clothes for a real job.

Interview Questions

• Not much of any, it'd clear from your resume you're a perfect fit.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Everyone was extremely nice and professional. They made me want to work their through their enthusiasm. The first interview was general, to get to know me. And the second one was on training experience, which let you know exactly what to expect from the job. One thing that the first interview lacked, was a more in-debt description of the job, but they tell you that on the second day you will be told everything.

Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. The position was described as one where a client provides a lead base that you must then speak to in your territory.
    It seemed like a traditional sales job. So I scheduled an interview.

After reading the glass door reports of this being a door-to-door type of sales job, I requested that HR let me know if this is a door-to-door job on several occasions. They would not directly answer the question and so I declined to interview.

Interview Questions

• It was the question that I had that were not directly answered.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Extremely fast. There is no mention of door to door sales. I applied for a different position within the company and yet this is what they offered. These are the only positions they offer. They give snapshot of what they expect of you and ask you what are your goals. They promise you that you will be meeting "someone from corporate" in the next interview which will be the final interview phase. They will ask you to clear your day as it will take place from 1-8. It is then that you will see that the position is door to door sales as you will shadow this person and see that the job is not what you expected in the slightest. At the end of the day they will ask you if this is something you can do and will promise a phone call later in the day of their decision. You will more than likely get hired as this company has a high turnover rate.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Scam. Everyone gets an immediate 1st interview. If you remain ignorant to their door-to-door sales, you'll get a 2nd interview (They will never tell you that it's door-to-door unless you probe them to death during the interview or if you can catch someone on the phone). You'll also notice, as I did, that there is quite a line of young, naive kids waiting for the same interview.

Interview Questions

• Doesn't matter. It's a scam. You need to probe them about it being a door-to-door ordeal with a multi-marketing pyramid scheme.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Two Part interview process. Sit-down interview and full day interview options. Very quick reply to start. Company and expectations explained very well. No questions after the interview were necessary. Second interview is conducted by one of the office team members for a better understanding of the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• What was i looking for in a new career?   1 Answer

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was told several lies about the company by will brannock who is now a "business owner" or Watermark. He is still in the business of lying and cheating you for his benefit

Interview Questions

• None of the questions they ask matter.   1 Answer