Marketing Consultants of Orlando Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketing Consultants of Orlando Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

1.9

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Too easy. I got initial call then got another call two hours later confirming my second interview now I am being told to come in for a third.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a 3 part interview. The initial interview was about 5 minutes. They told me if I don't get a call back my 6pm, it means I didn't get the job. They called that night at 5:59pm. The next day I went to Panera bread to meet with 2 managers, & they broke down the process.

Interview Questions

• Am I ok with selling at&t door to door?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative/Management Track Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

As the word "marketing" is in the name of this place, it should be obvious that it is a scam (look at the one bad review - the good ones are obvious plants). You get to the interview and you're just another number. Depending on how early you are you could see ten other people there for the interview. They talk to you for about five minutes and tell you that you - yes, you out of all the applicants this week stand out as management material and you can come in the next morning for the next part of the interview to see what you got, and immediately after pay and benefits will be discussed.

So the next morning you get there and there's another little "you're our guy!" kind of meeting and then they take you out to your own car to look at your windshield. To me it seemed that this is what the job entails - going to parking lots and looking at people's windshields and convincing them to use this service which presumably does not cost them anything out of pocket. Next you drive over to your sales buddy's car (if this all sounds confusing, then good. There's really no space/reason to get into the details, best to just make this all doing bad) and guess what! You're going to be driving your own car to another location! They want your time on two different days and your gas too! So we set off from Eatonville to Longwood/Winter Springs, no particular destination given, just a "follow me in my gray sedan." I had enough by this point and decided to go home, but not before a phone call since hey, I wasn't even on my way home yet, but I was separated from who as I was following as should be expected when you get on a busy road using the pre-cell phone/GPS method of going to an undisclosed location.

In conclusion, if you have ever been to a sketchy/scammy job interview it's par for the course. If you're a self-starting go-getter with no respect for yourself, maybe you can make it work. That's why you went into "marketing" anyway, isn't it? As for me, I'll save my gas money and interview clothes for a real job.

Interview Questions

• Not much of any, it'd clear from your resume you're a perfect fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Everyone was extremely nice and professional. They made me want to work their through their enthusiasm. The first interview was general, to get to know me. And the second one was on training experience, which let you know exactly what to expect from the job. One thing that the first interview lacked, was a more in-debt description of the job, but they tell you that on the second day you will be told everything.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will contribute to this company?   Answer Question

Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. The position was described as one where a client provides a lead base that you must then speak to in your territory.
    It seemed like a traditional sales job. So I scheduled an interview.

After reading the glass door reports of this being a door-to-door type of sales job, I requested that HR let me know if this is a door-to-door job on several occasions. They would not directly answer the question and so I declined to interview.

Interview Questions

• It was the question that I had that were not directly answered.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Extremely fast. There is no mention of door to door sales. I applied for a different position within the company and yet this is what they offered. These are the only positions they offer. They give snapshot of what they expect of you and ask you what are your goals. They promise you that you will be meeting "someone from corporate" in the next interview which will be the final interview phase. They will ask you to clear your day as it will take place from 1-8. It is then that you will see that the position is door to door sales as you will shadow this person and see that the job is not what you expected in the slightest. At the end of the day they will ask you if this is something you can do and will promise a phone call later in the day of their decision. You will more than likely get hired as this company has a high turnover rate.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Scam. Everyone gets an immediate 1st interview. If you remain ignorant to their door-to-door sales, you'll get a 2nd interview (They will never tell you that it's door-to-door unless you probe them to death during the interview or if you can catch someone on the phone). You'll also notice, as I did, that there is quite a line of young, naive kids waiting for the same interview.

Interview Questions

• Doesn't matter. It's a scam. You need to probe them about it being a door-to-door ordeal with a multi-marketing pyramid scheme.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Two Part interview process. Sit-down interview and full day interview options. Very quick reply to start. Company and expectations explained very well. No questions after the interview were necessary. Second interview is conducted by one of the office team members for a better understanding of the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• What was i looking for in a new career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The 1st interview was about 20 mins.
    They went over my background then told them about the company. They are looking for leaders. They had many interviews lined up back to back. Dress professional. NO JEANS!!!
     I feel like this job would work best for someone straight out of college.
     Marketing Consultants of Orlando helps Fortune 500 clients hit their retention and acquisitions goals. What this means is they help AT&T clients upgrade their current cable systems. They walk door to door with hard leads from AT&T and try to upgrade existing clients software such as phone and internet, cable, ect. They tell you that you would only have this role 1 to 3 months then you would be a manger of your own branch.... sounds to good to be true.

Interview Questions

• With the proper training how do you feel like you could handle this role?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How do you feel about managing your own branch?
      There were other questions but nothing off the wall, very easy to answer.
      1 Answer
    • Yes I was offered a position but did you except the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

That was the probable nothing was discussed in the phone interview or first interview. When you brought it up they told you average numbers. It sounded commission based with no benefits. They wanted you to start training before even mentioning any type of compensation.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a call from Ashley whom was very friendly and scheduled an interview for later that week. After that interview I was hired and ask to start training a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work with us to gain experience in areas you are not familiar with?   Answer Question