Marketing Instincts Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketing Instincts Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions

2.8

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts.

Interview

I started with a phone screening and was then invited to an in person interview. I met with two people together and was then invited back for a second interview. It was during the second interview that I was offered the job. They were polite and made me feel at ease. And now working with them closely we get along really well.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project that you couldn't keep on schedule and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marketing Instincts

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts (Temecula, CA).

Interview

Received interview request via email. I requested a phone interview. They preferred to initially meet in person, which I understood. There is a door bell on the outside of the building, they keep the front door locked from the outside for security, which I appreciated. It only locks from the outside, inside you just turn the knob and it opens automatically. It gave me the impression they value their employees safety and I liked that. I had worked for a company that left the doors unlocked even when it got dark early in the winter, always made me feel nervous; anyone could have walked in. They brought me into a conference room, that and the lobby were pretty stylish, modern. I could see a sharp looking modern kitchen with a flat screen tv the staff was watching while having lunch (Bravo! So I thought I'd fit right in!). Lots of marketing questions and why I left my previous jobs. In this economy, I kind of thought that was a silly question, didn't everyone leave because they got laid off?

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest work related weakness? Attention to detail? Follow through? Administration?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts (Temecula, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting to schedule an interview. They offered two different times slots, one in the middle of the day and one later in the afternoon. Both were within a few days of me receiving the email and either of the time slots worked for me as I was unemployed at the time. I met with an HR person who didn't have a marketing background but was pretty knowledgeable about the day to day details of the position. She was also very thorough inquiring about my previous experience and college degree. I went to a Cal State school so I was a little worried that that would work against me (not having gone to a UC). I had 2 more interviews after that, 3 total. Its difficult interviewing again even though I've been to a few, although it does feel like it is getting easier. My coworker, who I stay in touch with from my last job, told me they called to check my references. Good thing I left on a good note, which was difficult I must admit because I was laid off. The HR person interviewing me at Marketing Instincts remembered me at the subsequent interviews which helped with my nerves. Also, at the last company I interviewed with before this, the interviewer didn't remember me at all, even at the 3rd interview, asked for my resume each time and made me feel so anonymous and like a "number".

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   2 Answers
    • How many people were left in your department when you were laid off?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary. The initial offer was decent, with health insurance and I had been out of work for over a year. So I decided not to take a chance and try to negotiate and risk having the offer rescinded. I had read that when an employer makes an offer and you try to negotiate it, the initial offer can be revoked. I accepted and am glad I did. It feels great to have a decent income again.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

Was contacted via email to schedule an interview. The person I originally met with was very cordial and pleasant, now she's a coworker. I wish I knew then how nice she really is; I wouldn't have been so intimidated and nervous about answering the questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst error I made in my career in marketing.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts in April 2011.

Interview

When I attended my first interview, I felt a little uneasy. First off, the doors were locked and I had to ring the company's bell so that the person I guess sitting at the front desk could come down and let me in. Upon being invited in the building, I was told to go into the conference room and wait until the HR person comes down to interview me. Despite waiting almost 40 minutes to be interviewed and not being offered any water or anything, I was not the least bit nervous and I truly shined during the interview and felt very confident that I could get hired. My 1st interview was great, and I seemed to be a great fit for the position. I was asked to create a sample letter and email it to the owners and wait for a call to schedule a 2nd interview. The day I got home from the interview, I completed my assignment of the sample letter and emailed it to owner. As days went by, I begin feeling discouraged since I didn't hear back from the owner. I waited about a week before I called to check the status of my 2nd interview. I left the HR person a message on her voicemail, and a couple days passed and I was called back for a 2nd interview and I was really excited. Later that day, I attended my 2nd interview only to be told that I was not a good fit due to the fact that I was not able to be flexible with the hours. I was not upset at the fact that I didn't get the job because I sincerely could not work pass a certain time on certain days of the week, but rather the idea of me having to be called in to be told that when that could have been told to me via telephone earlier in our conversation. I felt it was a complete waste of my time to even go for a 2nd interview. I would have been more appreciative of not hearing from them at all knowing that they chose someone else.