Marketing Werks Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I came in for 3 interviews and was actually being sought out fro 2 departments. After being told I was the final candidate never hear anything. Not even a no. So unprofessional on their recruiter Rob's part.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

After being rejected in early June for the same position from the online screener, I applied again in July under the guise of "why not?" My best advice here to get in the door is apply for all "intern" positions in your area on the crossmark website because each team posts a want ad for their intern (there are upwards of 8 teams).

In the middle of August I received a followup phone call from HR about an open position on their teams and had a brief phone call with their recruitment manager. Then I was scheduled for two more phone calls the next day with different senior account managers to discuss what their teams do and see which team was a better fit for me.

After these two phone calls, I was invited in to have a sitdown interview with both teams that I had the phone interviews with. The in person interviews were not challenging and it mostly focused on asking about my experience in experiential marketing. The major goal of these team meetings were to see if I meshed and understood what position would be about.

I received a call about a week later with an offer to intern for the team that liked me more. As an intern, I did not really see a major difference in the work at my level, interns do not get to travel and the day to day life is general marketing tasks so either team was fine by me. Overall, it was a very positive experience if you take out the time equation for the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a very simple phone call and a straightforward email to sign up on the website.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application for the short-term internship on the company website the first week of July. I was asked for an initial phone interview with the HR department about 2 weeks later. Human Resources spoke a lot about the internship initially than asking questions about my experience. I was prepared to give background and relatable experience through each of my professional and undergraduate experiences, so I did most of the talking.

On the same day, I was offered a 2nd interview in-person scheduled with two managers in Client Services. This interview was more difficult; though, I was asked more questions specifically relating to the previous professional experiences I had gained in public relations and marketing. I would consider half the interview formal and half informal. Overall, a really positive interviewing experience with the current staff members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but there is a possibility of being considered to join the team permanently after completing either the internship or traveling as a brand ambassador.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Recevied a call about scheduling a phone interview. A few days later I received a call for an in-person interview. That was on a Friday and received an offer on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• After your internship would you be interested in going on the road for one of our mobile programs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I was emailed an application with questions to answer, partially skills related, and some dealing with personality. I then received a call from a company recruiter to specify the job requirements, weekday they entailed, and my eligibility. I then was asked to board a flight to come into corporate office for class training and road training.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage being on the road?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then you had to submit a creative video on why you wanted the job, and then the final interview was in-person at their office in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, they wanted to make sure you were a good fit to be traveling with a group of people over an extended period of time.   1 Answer

Student Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Process was pretty standard. Completed application through school website. Contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview with someone in the Chicago office. A few days later was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an In person interview with multiple persons in management. Each of the interviews were very qualitative and revolved around a personal fit mostly. Given the role of intern it was important that i was a cultural fit with the group. They also had me submit to a background check and be flexible to travel in my role.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Very simple, generally hire from within so best way is to work for them in the field first. Most of the interview will be with HR and then you will be presented to a team depending on where they want to include you (most likely you will start with a team). The time in the position can be awhile, typically 1 year per each level. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not a lot of wiggle room but you should always ask for what you think is fair. MW typically starts low.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

online app essay 2 interviews in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation unless you have worked with them before