Marketo Client Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketo Client Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Services Interview

Interview

The interview process began with a personality quiz, very basic. They then followed up a week or so later saying my results were what they were looking for. This then prompted a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about the company, which I had trouble finding information about online.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marketo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marketo (San Mateo, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and was screened by a client service rep who called from a noisy coffee shop. Despite this extra challenge, I made a good impression and secured an onsite interview. The onsite consisted of five back-to-back interviews with the managers and VP of client services. I came highly-prepared to talk about Marketo and my related experience, and was told on my way out that I made a good impression with everyone and that I'd hear back in a couple days after my interviewers convened. I was surprised then, that despite follow-up, it took two weeks for one of the two decision makers to return my calls or emails about my status. There's really no excuse for this. However, to be fair, communication up to this point was timely and professional. Overall, Marketo seemed like a decent place to work with reasonably friendly employees that were jazzed about Marketo becoming the next Salesforce. In reality, Marketo's got strong direct competition from Pardot, Eloqua, Silverpop and indirect competition from the email marketing players that have most of the functionality. Beware of a strong preference for local candidates and high standards due to current hiring conditions. And don't kid yourself into thinking that this company is as big as it projects itself - it still operates like a start-up through and through. It was clear from my experience that Marketo's HR processes hasn't grown beyond the ad-hoc stage of development.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had an upset client and explain how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • How do you typically go about the process of consulting clients on projects?   1 Answer

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marketo.

Interview

The hiring process is ridiculously long, disjointed, and onerous to the interviewees. I spent more than 20 hours with 6 different people, both in the office and on the phone. In the end the hiring manager was incredibly unprofessional after spending all of this time and being told repeatedly I exceeded all expectations, he blew off a scheduled call and took more than 24 hrs to email an excuse, then went silent altogether and after 3 weeks I had to assumed the process had ended. If this is the way they treat interviewees you have to wonder how they treat employees. In my opinion, not well! Extreme growth is not a good enough excuse to treat people like cattle.

Interview Questions

• They were all over the place depending who you were talking to. Execution was the only thing stressed over and over.   Answer Question