Marketo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketo (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First of all there is the two part test they tell you about. "CCAT which is cognitive, the second part is a personality assessment." I can respect their understanding in the results of this test. I was requested to take their test, and the process and administration was very pleasant. What bugged me a bit was after taking the test I never heard back from them. Maybe not what their test results showed, but I was smart enough to figure out I didn't make the cut-because they never replied back. However the reason why I'm bother to post, is I then received an email from someone else from the company asking me if I'd be interested in a more senior position, and informed me a test would be required. I had to inform them that someone else from their company apparently found my not worth so they need to first check their HR records. It was bad enough that the company didn't even send an "thanks but no thanks email" after the test, but then when someone else asked me to take the test again (that I apparently failed and yes I had an 3.5 GPA), made me realize they really are a bit unorganized to say the least.

Interview Questions

• They don't talk to you until after you take their cognitive/personality test.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketo (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

It was fast initially,took 2 unnecessary tests.And surprisingly those 2 online non technical tests were more important for them than the technical skills of the applicants.Even if you have awesome technical skills and you don't perform in those tests well you will get rejected.

Interview Questions

• 50 questions in 15 minutes.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketo in July 2017.

Interview

Gave 5 rounds and no onsite face to face Interview. Started with Online aptitude test with Verbal. 15 mins 50 question. plus 140 scenario based questions. Spend around 1 hour for first round. They like my test 1 and sent me 3 Hours HackerRank coding challenge. Passed that. Round 3 - Talked to HR. She moved me to round 4. Round 4 : CoderPad Challenge with Developer on call for 1 hour. He was satisfied. After some day, again got email that there will be another CoderPad round. Round 5 : Coderpad 2nd time with another Developer of the same team. Solved all the problems. He was satisfied. Next round should have been face to face for sure - after 5 / 6 hours of my time. After 1 week got an email that they won't be able to call me Onsite. This was the end of Marketo Interview. Seriously felt that it was a time waste from my side, I live South East US, for Face to face Interview they would have called me to CA or OR. Felt they don't want to do so. Just kept on taking Online rounds.

Interview Questions

• Linked List, 2 Sum problem, Word frequency in given String - Easy questions like this to code   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Marketo (San Mateo, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

After three phone interviews, a coding challenge, and weeks of waiting I finally went into the office for interviews. Unfortunately, somehow their system had gotten messed up and they had me in the system as applying for a senior level position... It turned into an awful experience where several of the interviewers had prepared to interview someone much more experienced.

Overall, from what I saw, the company is very political and not very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on SQL, like how to retrieve specific data from a server.   Answer Question

Marketo Response

Feb 15, 2018 – Company Representative

We appreciate you sharing your software engineer interview with us. We are sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one and will share your comments with the appropriate teams. We wish you... More

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketo (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Roughly 2 hours of 1:1, 2:1 interviews.
    First 45 minutes or so were spent on verbal logic puzzles. Was actually interesting and a little fun but also a little taxing..maybe I'm just a little slow. ;)
    Rest of the interviews were relatively casual and everyone I met was very friendly and seemed to be very intelligent. It was sort of nice to just be able to chat casually after the logic tests.

Interview Questions

• Monty hall cups, other asst logic questions which when I asked my peers were met with a blank stare. The rest of the interview was your standard casual fare about teamwork, dealing with conflict...etc..   Answer Question

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketo (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Met with multiple managers, and peer interview. Which is nice because it helps to ensure that the culture and interaction of the team fits. Virtual interviews to eliminate need for travel and expenses.

Interview Questions

• If a customer has an issue with email not going through, what would you do to check the reasons why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketo.

Interview

Interview process was similar to most companies. First they discussed about some details about the projects in my resume and then coding. The questions I encountered were reverse integers, reverse words in a string and find longest substring with only two unique characters.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest substring with only two unique characters with time complexity O(n).   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Casual culture at their workplace - perception. Was asked a single question in the web based remote interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Marketo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

first a phone screen, which ask both code and brain teaser, then bring me in for f2f interview. It a group interview with four ppl. They are nice. The whole process takes only 45 mins. Then it is done, after wait for half year without any notification. I know I am be declined.

Interview Questions

• some javascript, java question. As well as some project in my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marketo (San Mateo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Round 1: One hour online test on HackerRank. Java programming and some theoretical questions.

Round 2: Two hour web interview. 3 Java coding problems - all fairly easy ones, with some SQL problems testing knowledge of basic joins, group by and having clauses.

Round 3: Onsite interview from 10 am to 3:45 pm. A programming assignment where you are left alone to code on a laptop (felt kind of weird that they do this for interviews where there is no interviewer around), some Java programming problems, easy ones and some SQL questions. Apparently they do not have lunch inside the building, one of the employees takes you out to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Understanding arrays, lists and trees would help.   3 Answers