Marketo Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marketo (San Mateo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Apply to job online. Get email response to do an assessment (like 50 questions in 15 minutes). Take a personality quiz. Talk to recruiter for a phone screen. Talk to 2 engineers on the team who show no enthusiasm for the job whatsoever. Get rejected for not enough programming experience when asked 0 programming questions. Get rejected when 90% of the interviews spent were talking about personality and behavior. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marketo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketo (San Mateo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying to the position listed on the website, I got an email from the recruiter about taking a proctored test. This test was similar to test we give for SATs, GREs - general Math and English questions. After giving the test, I was never told the results of the test. I don't mind getting rejected, but atleast have the courtesy to let me know the outcome of the test. Hence I followed up with the recruiter to ask what happened after 1 1/2 weeks. Nothing. NO RESPONSE. Atleast acknowledge the efforts of the candidate by letting them know.

Interview Questions

• Questions similar to SATs, GREs - general Math and English questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketo.

Interview

They wanted me to take a cognitive aptitude test online, which under normal circumstances I would be fine with. However, the test requires bizarre and invasive anti-cheating measures: You must give an exam proctor access to your webcam and microphone, and install remote desktop software so that they can view your screen.

This is frankly a dumb way to hire people for multiple reasons, especially in the field of software engineering, and I declined to proceed with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give us access to your computer   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketo in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter contacted me within few days. Asked to attend a cognitive test. Consists of simple mathematical problems as well as some questions checking the vocabulary. You are supposed to attend the test within 5 days. I didn't qualify for the next round because my English was not that good.

Interview Questions

• Your vocabulary should be good. There are questions which has the standard of GRE questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketo (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

organized but ultimately unprofessional.
    1. (simple but stressful) cognitive and cultural test which was proctored.
    2. phone tech interview (which, IMO did not go well as I suggested maybe they want someone with experience in the very specific tech they asked about) but despite this I moved ahead.
    3. code challenge (supposedly <5% do it correctly which I guess makes me some kind of genius).
    4. in person, 5-in-a-row one on one interviews onsite.
    5. weeks later and after unanswered emails a different person contacted me with what I assume to be a made up explanation of why they didn't want to move forward (a simple "we're not interested" would suffice).

All the tech folks were pleasant enough. As I mentioned I was surprised they even moved past the phone interview. Bottom line: the recruiters (yes, two--maybe that was the problem) completely dropped the ball with follow through.

I mentioned how the giant rows of tables in the open office seemed less than ideal and every person said how much they hated it but explained that it's that way "everywhere".

Also odd: they asked for references before I even filled out an application or had good interviews.

I think they really tried to be complete and fair but the recruiters sort of sucked. I get that recruiters are special breed of human, but I just wasn't impressed with these.

Interview Questions

• de-duplicate with specific rules   1 Answer
    • if we make an offer will you spend the time prior to employment learning stuff   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketo (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

My interview process consisted of a phone screening, followed by a cognitive assessment test, a phone interview, and finally a code challenge. The process overall was quite demanding and lengthy.

Following my code challenge, I was told I would hear back within the week. After a weeks time had passed, I followed up with Marketo, and was told I would hear back within the next week. I followed up multiple times but never got a response.

It is a professional courtesy to inform applicants on a decision, regardless of an offer being extended, especially so far into the interview process. I had spent considerable time and effort in the process, and was told I would hear back either way, and so I was rather put off by simply being ignored.

The interviewing experience with Marketo was rather intensive, and the interviewing staff seemed rather disengaged. Overall it was not a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• A wood shack was built from 26 wood planks, 3.5 feet long each. The price of wood planks is $1.5 per foot. What was the total price of wood used for the shack?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marketo (San Mateo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Round 1: One hour online test on HackerRank. Java programming and some theoretical questions.

Round 2: Two hour web interview. 3 Java coding problems - all fairly easy ones, with some SQL problems testing knowledge of basic joins, group by and having clauses.

Round 3: Onsite interview from 10 am to 3:45 pm. A programming assignment where you are left alone to code on a laptop (felt kind of weird that they do this for interviews where there is no interviewer around), some Java programming problems, easy ones and some SQL questions. Apparently they do not have lunch inside the building, one of the employees takes you out to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Understanding arrays, lists and trees would help.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketo.

Interview

Interview process was similar to most companies. First they discussed about some details about the projects in my resume and then coding. The questions I encountered were reverse integers, reverse words in a string and find longest substring with only two unique characters.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest substring with only two unique characters with time complexity O(n).   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Casual culture at their workplace - perception. Was asked a single question in the web based remote interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Marketo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

first a phone screen, which ask both code and brain teaser, then bring me in for f2f interview. It a group interview with four ppl. They are nice. The whole process takes only 45 mins. Then it is done, after wait for half year without any notification. I know I am be declined.

Interview Questions

• some javascript, java question. As well as some project in my resume   Answer Question