Markit Interview Questions in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor

Markit is now known as IHS Markit. Merged together we harness the deepest sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. We call this The New Intelligence. We serve over 50,000 customers in over 140 countries. Visit our new page!

Markit Interview Questions in Boulder, CO

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with department lead. Then an in person interview with a variety of team members.

They did a lot of the talking in the interview. Felt like I didn't get the opportunity to tell them about my ideas, or why I thought I would be a good fit. No real technical questions. Was told they would inform me of their decision. Talked to HR 3 times after the interview, each time she told me they would be making a decision in a few days and that I was still a top candidate..but kept pushing back the decision. They said I would definitely hear back one way or another, yet I never heard from them again...which I think is rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How have you used AWS in the past?

Tell me about a project you worked on.
      Answer Question

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Manager called, then video conference with 4 other people trying to understand you as a person and all the if's and why's of the work experience knowledge you possess. The education, work knowledge, challenges faced, pressure handled, team motivation strategy etc

Interview Questions

• Since my previous experience was related to incident management, pure grilling on the same questions like, challenges, strategy, resolution, why, what how ?   Answer Question

Manager Web Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received an email response for an interview. It started with a phone screen followed by an in-person interview. I met informally with two members from the IT team. They were friendly and open. The interview was a good experience and the company seemed like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the quality of code generated by your development team?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Initial contact with the HR team was superb, with regular and informative communication.

Interviews were scheduled with six different team leads initially, more were added later as well as a member of the executive team for final sign off. The interviews were short, two people at a time, back to back three in a row on my first visit. A second visit was the same format with fewer total people only a few days later.

Interview Questions

• I breezed through this interview, there were no difficult questions as the interviewing team leads did not seem to have a specific format or any interview training. If anything I was impressed by their lack of preparedness when hiring someone at almost a six figure range.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

I got one phone screen and an on site interview. For phone scree, you just went over your resume and background. They did not ask any technical questions (even for technical positions) during the on-site interview. I talked to their team directors and they are very nice. The process is easy and fast.

"Project Manager" (VERY Loose Term!) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO).

Interview

It seems as if Markit On Demand (formerly Wall Street on Demand) is constantly advertising for "Project Managers". There are a couple of reasons for this (and they aren't positive ones): The turnover is extremely high and the "Project Manager" is really nothing more than a glorified customer service position.

I interviewed with several of these "Project Managers" and none of them seemed to have anything to say about actual project management practices. Instead, they discussed the menial tasks they completed while taking abuse from both the customers and the IT folks. Halfway through the interview, I decided that this "PM" position was essentially a sham designed to get low-paid, low-skilled, junior-level types desperate for a job with a halfway respectable title in the door and into a seat where they would take various orders from various customers, hand them off to IT, be told that IT didn't have the bandwidth to complete the request, and ultimately get into a back-and-forth bargaining game between the customer and IT. As such, I decided at that point that there was no way I would be taking the job and I proceeded to grill them on their crappy jobs.

Know this: if you are looking for a Project Management position, THIS ISNT IT! DO NOT APPLY!

However, if being abused by customers and IT and if reputably poor management and low wages are your thing, have at it!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult was presented. Some smarmy "project manager" who seemed none too pleased to have to interview someone attempted to boast of his interest in investments ad such. I suppressed my yawn and natural inclination to roll my eyes, knowing that he had been suckered into a glorified customer support role by this company.   Answer Question

Terribly untrustworthy company, awful job, poison environment. No thanks.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews - one with a recruiter and one with a team member in my department. Then, I had two back-to-back multi-person on-site interviews, each lasting about 30-40 minutes. The people who interviewed me were all senior project managers working with different client groups, which was nice, because I felt like they got a more well-rounded picture of my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised they asked me my current salary, which I guess is relevant, but threw me of guard. They clearly explained that they were looking for three areas of expertise, and that they weighed all candidates based on those areas, but weren't necessarily looking for someone in with high marks in all three, or weighted averages or anything like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me a very appropriate offer - I did not even have to counter or haggle, which I appreciated. The benefits package was also way more amazing than I expected, and seemed to be designed for long-term retention.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

1. HR Interview
    2. Technical phone screen
    3. Standard engineer test
    4. On-site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a Quality Assurance Engineer position at Markit On Demand/Wall Street On Demand in late July, making it clear in resume and cover letter that I am a Senior QA professional. Their internal HR person called me the next morning at 8am and asked me to come in for on-site interviews. She scheduled the interviews for Wednesday, August 6, 2012. The email itinerary showed that I was scheduled to meet with two people:

1- The QA Director
    2-Herself, the HR Recruiter

I read salary reviews on Glassdoor.com and became concerned. For example:

“The Pay - is on the lowest end of the spectrum.”
    “The company has adopted a philosophy of under-cutting salaries as a means for under-bidding competition which leaves employees there being paid more than 20% below fair market value.”
    “Low salary package and benefits.”

So I emailed the HR Recruiter on August 2:

“[Her name],

I hope this isn't crass, but I would like to insure that the pay range for this position matches my needs. I don't want to waste anyone's time if the salary is not in my range.

[My name]”

She replied:

“Hi [My name]

We generally don’t discuss comp until after the first interview. This is not to frustrate you but simply because we have more than one option for the level of the position and the manager needs to evaluate that. Are you still comfortable coming in today?

[Her name]”

Since my interview was not “today” I emailed to clarify the date. She corrected her mistake, then she apparently made another scheduling mistake because she quickly re-rescheduled the interview for a couple of hours later.

I went to Markit On Demant for the on-site interview as scheduled Wednesday, August 6, 2012. The QA Director showed up and interviewed me. The HR Recruiter did not show up to talk to me as she was scheduled to do.

I would have asked her about salary range if she had showed up.

The HR Recruiter then contacted me to set up second and third on-site interviews with two QA Leads for Wednesday, August 15th, 2012. I again went to Markit On Demand as scheduled for those two interviews. Afterward one of the QA Leads asked if I'd ever met with HR; I told her no. She expressed surprise and explained that I should have had that opportunity, but there had be “a lot of churn” in HR.

Again, I would have asked HR about salary range if she had met with me as she was apparently supposed to.

The next morning the same HR representative called me and said all interviews had gone very well, she congratulated me, and said she would like to move on to the “next step” of discussing the salary for the job offer. She then asked me what my target salary was, I told her my target salary, and she said she'd call me back the next morning after the “salary committee” had met.

She didn't call back the next morning.

So I called her and left a voice mail message.

She didn't call back.

So I called back a second time at which point she answered the phone. I asked if she had a status on the job offer and she explained very icily that after she heard my target salary they had decided to move forward with another candidate. In other words job offer rescinded.

I of course asked her why she'd refused to discuss salary when I'd asked her the range weeks earlier so we wouldn't waste everyone's time. She denied everything, claimed she misspoke when she said she'd like to “move on to the “next step” of discussing the salary for the offer, hadn't really meant that “next step” of discussing salary for an offer had anything to do with an offer, and said that they were doing so much interviewing and that things were so hectic that she couldn't remember what she'd said or who she said it to or how how she'd said it anyway.

Not a pleasant experience. Not a positive impression of Market On Demand.

I can only imagine how badly they treat employees given how badly they treat candidates they're in the process of making a job offer to. Then again I don't need to imagine their horrible treatment of people; I see it described in employee reviews.

Interview Questions

• "What is your target salary?"   1 Answer

I'm in this grey area where HR rescinded the offer after they found out my target salary. This was after refusing to discuss salary in email, and failing to meet with me in person as they were scheduled to do.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

not satisfied at all... i was asked 3 very basic questions like what is an index, trigger and how many types of indexes.
    The phone call lasted for about 10 mins .. thats it !!!!! I think this company should better rethink about their hiring strategy !!!!