Markit "Project Manager" (VERY Loose Term!) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

"Project Manager" (VERY Loose Term!) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO).

Interview

It seems as if Markit On Demand (formerly Wall Street on Demand) is constantly advertising for "Project Managers". There are a couple of reasons for this (and they aren't positive ones): The turnover is extremely high and the "Project Manager" is really nothing more than a glorified customer service position.

I interviewed with several of these "Project Managers" and none of them seemed to have anything to say about actual project management practices. Instead, they discussed the menial tasks they completed while taking abuse from both the customers and the IT folks. Halfway through the interview, I decided that this "PM" position was essentially a sham designed to get low-paid, low-skilled, junior-level types desperate for a job with a halfway respectable title in the door and into a seat where they would take various orders from various customers, hand them off to IT, be told that IT didn't have the bandwidth to complete the request, and ultimately get into a back-and-forth bargaining game between the customer and IT. As such, I decided at that point that there was no way I would be taking the job and I proceeded to grill them on their crappy jobs.

Know this: if you are looking for a Project Management position, THIS ISNT IT! DO NOT APPLY!

However, if being abused by customers and IT and if reputably poor management and low wages are your thing, have at it!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult was presented. Some smarmy "project manager" who seemed none too pleased to have to interview someone attempted to boast of his interest in investments ad such. I suppressed my yawn and natural inclination to roll my eyes, knowing that he had been suckered into a glorified customer support role by this company.   Answer Question

Terribly untrustworthy company, awful job, poison environment. No thanks.