Markit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Manager Web Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Markit (Boulder, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received an email response for an interview. It started with a phone screen followed by an in-person interview. I met informally with two members from the IT team. They were friendly and open. The interview was a good experience and the company seemed like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the quality of code generated by your development team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Markit.

Interview

There are two round. 1st round for the phone interview, 2nd round is on-site for three guys. People there are quite friendly and the questions asked are quite basic. There're no difficult technique questions, but the behavior questions should be prepared well.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Markit (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. They asked mostly personal questions and how you heard of the company. There was a short quiz that had some brainteasers before the interview.

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Markit.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful. Meet key members of the team and relevant teams through 4 rounds of interviews. Questions cover both technical and personal behaviors. Very nice team and working environment.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Markit.

Interview

1st round was with HR. General questions, resume screening. 2nd round was with directors. More discussions on the teams. 3rd round was with a director and an analyst to study internal materials.

Interview Questions

• What improvements would you make to the argument at hand?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Markit in January 2015.

Interview

Ask me have I ever went to the presentations held by them. What I learned from it. It was a skype interview at my college. The interviewer was very nice, I directly tole her I was nervous and she tried to ease me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Markit (New York, NY).

Interview

Reveiced email to attend Company visit then email to participate in HR interview, all completed within 3 weeks and was promptly updated with timeline of recruitment activities. Very efficient process overall. HRs were responsive and patient.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions to evaluate how much you already know about CDS, option pricing and so on.   Answer Question

Portfolio Valuation Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Markit in December 2014.

Interview

applied online. Got a phone interview and was asked about basically resume question. A week later got an onsite interview and there were 3 interviewers with half an hour each. Not much technical questions, and interviewers are all friendly.

Interview Questions

• what could be a possible reason that a call option value decreases despite underlying stock price increases?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Markit in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. 1 Week Later I got a phone interview with a senior developer. Two days following this, I got asked to do a sit down interview with 4 senior developers. They were very friendly and the interview took about an hour. Half of it was personality, the other half was the technical which was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain a block of jQuery code and find a name for what it does.   Answer Question

Product Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Markit (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Two onsite interviews before hire. One with managers and directors, other with coworkers. Not very difficult. Now I'm just writing more words to meet glassdoor's minimum requirement for word length on a review.

See What Markit Employees Are Saying

Director

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Director in New York, NY

Pros: “Company which is continually flexible and aiming to grow. Markit has navigated difficult and dynamic markets well and come out stronger than most all the competition. It is one of the...”“Company which is continually flexible and aiming to grow. Markit has navigated difficult and dynamic markets well and come out stronger than most all the competition. It is one of the best data-oriented vendors in the financial space thanks to this. Markit's share of the space will only continue to grow thanks to its dedication to investment and IT focus. The firm supports good opportunities for movement between teams/locations.” – Full Review